European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
In 20 years I can see people I'm my Essex motherland supporting Spurs/Woolwich and West Ham if this goes ahead, West Ham will be like a higher profile Orient ie full of neutrals who can't get to their preffered option

True but this was the path that was set when the Prem got set up to make Sky Sports rich which is what Gary Neville just used to voice his disgust.

We should have adopted the German Model with fan ownership, Tv remaining free to air. We didn’t and we allowed ganagsters and slave owners to buy clubs, this is the end result.

Exactly, the PL and UEFA happy to roll out the red carpet for these foreign owners and football washers when it lined their own pockets.

Seems quite hollow now they are banging on about tradition and the fans.

Only the top couple of tiers.

I have three different non-league teams I watch from time time. From village level to around the 10th tier.

If people are really really set against the ESL there are plenty of other places for them to watch football.

But most of them will be all talk.
Agree, the new shiny toy etc etc....If this thing does go ahead next season, this might be the only season where fans can actually make a point by not going to the games dues to international covid restrictions ie: the day trippers may not be able to attend in their masses......
Most will bow down, and have the attitude “it is what it is”.......
We currently scrape for top 4 and call that an achievement....
Maybe in 10 years time when we finally scrape into the super league top 5 and some fans believe we should have won it because Real Madrid were rebuilding and Liverpool sacked their manager, other fans will say “this is great, you obviously weren’t around in the 2020’s when we were shite and had players like Harry Kane up front” lol

Exactly, the PL and UEFA happy to roll out the red carpet for these foreign owners and football washers when it lined their own pockets.

Seems quite hollow now they are banging on about tradition and the fans.

They set themselves up for this, fan ownership and free to air football would have meant less money but a much better and fairer game without oil cheats like City and Chelsea and all this bollocks.

Multi millionaires of Sky Sports stole the game from fans and now the billionaires are stealing the game from the millionaires.

I have three different non-league teams I watch from time time. From village level to around the 10th tier.

If people are really really set against the ESL there are plenty of other places for them to watch football.

I think we have trod a similar line for a while in terms of slowly but surely everything we loved about the game has been eroded away, and by association Tottenham too

You said it yesterday this was the nail in the coffin we all expected to put some of us over. I’ve been through it all for this team, now there’s no real need to, we’ve become one of “them” now

Agree.Loads i know threatening not to renew,most will i suspect.
As discussed here before,i love non league football.Its a great day out and the type of footballing day we all fell in love with as kids.I think many would be surprised how enjoyable it is.

If the clubs involved actually are forced out of their domestic leagues, what does football even look like after that? It's going to be like two distinct sports with completely orthogonal ecosystems. How would transfers work, for example? It's hard to conceive of the potential outcomes here.
If/when that comes to pass, you only need to look at the NBA/NHL. One massive league full of the best players making the most money. Players in less watched national/regional leagues where the best get poached in their late teens and early 20s with a golden ticket. Otherwise the two never interact.

Sad that football will go this way, but I think we all knew. Once ENIC, FSG, the Glazers, and their ilk bought in...this was how it would always go. Business decisions made by the businessmen of football.

Back
Top Bottom