European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
That wouldn’t surprise me but it won’t be any of the PL clubs. The punishment is just too big.
Maybe missing out is even bigger? I guess it depends whether (the top clubs of?) the Premier League think they can carry on attracting the biggest TV and sponsorship revenues in world football with a potentially inferior product.

None of the PL teams need to join this in the near future, they make enough money and we have enough exposure on our league that the PL will always remain the no1 watched and followed league in the world.

I said before that the ESL will go ahead now with the best of the best in Europe minus the PL teams.

I personally don’t think PIF, Clearlake, FSG, Mansour etc. will be able to walk away. They aren’t football fans.

I don't know. They are all business people. Their primary business model is built around the Premier League and Champions League. if they have to give up the Premier League and Champions League to get into just the Super League, they need to reimagine their whole model and be very very sure it's going to work.

Yes. The same as the Premier League and every other professional football league.
The very inception of this Super league is greed, power, hegemony and dominance of a few already elitist clubs that want to not maintain their power but to also cement their dominance "forever".
Yes, the EPL has also become a money tree with many investors in it just for the money but it's beginning was not like that and there's still some soul left in the EPL.
And, no, not all professional leagues are just for the money. For most professional leagues it's more about surviving financially.

City will definitely join. It would completely side step any sanctions and no doubt the Super League would give them a "clean slate"
The Super League has never meant leaving the domestic league and the main point of the Super League is to curtail the state-backed clubs (City were last in, first out).

None of the PL teams need to join this in the near future, they make enough money and we have enough exposure on our league that the PL will always remain the no1 watched and followed league in the world.

I said before that the ESL will go ahead now with the best of the best in Europe minus the PL teams.
That will blow up the Champions League though, leaving the leading PL clubs way worse off.

My guess is that there is eventually a Super League outside UEFA and FIFA control which has promotion and relegation via domestic competition a la the Premier League but whose structure is otherwise akin to the one they wanted.

Back
Top Bottom