Europa v Champs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Preference

• Total voters
Alnwick

Hutton Rocha Gilberto Lee

Steed Mabizela Toda

Rebrov

Postiga Cambpell

......................................................Grodas.......................................................

Scales..........................Vega.........................Bunjevcevic.....................Tramezzani

...................................Sedgley...............................Clemence................................

........................Moussa Saib.............Nicola Berti...............Garry Brady...................

..................................................Andy fucking Booth..............................................

We've come a long way baby.

......................................................Grodas.......................................................

Scales..........................Vega.........................Bunjevcevic.....................Tramezzani

...................................Sedgley...............................Clemence................................

........................Moussa Saib.............Nicola Berti...............Garry Brady...................

..................................................Andy fucking Booth..............................................

We've come a long way baby.

even with that shite playing in the shirt I would never want us to sell out to the like
of roman or the shiehks.
then again!.. we had real support at the lane when those above played.. no tossers with glued hair
with bored girlfriends sitting next to them playing with there phones.

you could abuse the players with the luxury you wouldn't get thrown out with a banning order & more than likely the player would give you the same back:roflmao:!

I dont think May will change anything. There will be those pleased with progress (however small) and those aggreived that it isnt enough...

Oh I think May could easily change things.

IF we won the EL that alone would make me much much happier with ENIC - Win the EL and get CL and I'd upgrade ENIC's tenure from good to very goof.

IF we fuck up on both fronts, I shall be downgrading them to 'quite good'.

Why the need to 'blame' anyone? this isn't 'championship fifa manager league pro 2014'. Life, and shit and stuff happens. Sometimes there is no-one to 'blame' for any of it.

People in general are more and more these days either joining dots that aren't even there or cannot see the dots because they only exist in circles that 99.9% of the people on forums don't have access to.

I could propose a hundred reasons why we didn't buy a striker, like for one example: there is a budget but it has been set aside for the summer because the target we want won't join unless we have CL next year, and so it is ring fenced rather than spend it on a 2nd choice who we would then have to sell at a loss in the future.

Or maybe the targets we wanted went elsewhere, or their agent advised them to wait until summer to negotiate a better deal, or their dads told them to see their season out and be loyal to their existing clubs, or they have a new mistress who they can't bear to be away from.

All of them conjecture, and all perfectly reasonable IF we were given all the facts.

The fact is that we didn't buy a striker, but were still in with a shout of CL, which in itself it's not all it's cracked up to be once you remove the hyperbole.

Shiny things and glory, that is what made this club great. Not selling our soul for 30 pieces of silver.

Oh and by the way, 'what you want' doesn't justify any proposition you make either. It makes you appear somewhat naive and juvenile. Which to be fair, given that it is Easter hols you may well be.

Well I'm over 60, just to give you that piece of info. The rest of your article I'm not bothering to discuss.

Oh I think May could easily change things.

IF we won the EL that alone would make me much much happier with ENIC - Win the EL and get CL and I'd upgrade ENIC's tenure from good to very goof.

IF we fuck up on both fronts, I shall be downgrading them to 'quite good'.

Fair enough, and good for you. My impression is that there are many so entrenched in their views they wouldnt be willing to amend their stance, not without something ridiculously unlikely happening

This video he answers the question. "We want to focus on trying to win the Europa league but we understand the fans and the clubs expectations is for us to try and reach Champions league qualifications."

This video he answers the question. "We want to focus on trying to win the Europa league but we understand the fans and the clubs expectations is for us to try and reach Champions league qualifications."

So why has he risked our most important players? We've lost Lennon and Bale in a game when it sounds like Levy has told AVB to shelve the EL. Are we going to end up missing out on both?

Surely he's in for a bollocking.

Fair enough, and good for you. My impression is that there are many so entrenched in their views they wouldnt be willing to amend their stance, not without something ridiculously unlikely happening

Well, crunch time is nearing for Spurs in general and ENIC in particular.

Gallas won't be playing at least. Terrible, terrible decision by AVB to play him, and indirectly led to Bale's injury.

I must admit Hugo is coming down in my estimation. I can no longer rate him the best in the Prem, there have been too many costly mistakes from him now. That was poor keeping (and defending) to let in Everton's first.

I'd still rather have Hugo than Brad playing tomorrow though. I just think that Hugo has a clean sheet potential that Brad doesn't, but I no longer think there's such a gulf between them as I once thought.

But I expect us to go out whatever the team anyway, and under ENIC to continue our worst trophy run in well over 60 years of just one lge cup in 13 years.

Well, crunch time is nearing for Spurs in general and ENIC in particular.

Gallas won't be playing at least. Terrible, terrible decision by AVB to play him, and indirectly led to Bale's injury.

I must admit Hugo is coming down in my estimation. I can no longer rate him the best in the Prem, there have been too many costly mistakes from him now. That was poor keeping (and defending) to let in Everton's first.

I'd still rather have Hugo than Brad playing tomorrow though. I just think that Hugo has a clean sheet potential that Brad doesn't, but I no longer think there's such a gulf between them as I once thought.

But I expect us to go out whatever the team anyway, and under ENIC to continue our worst trophy run in well over 60 years of just one lge cup in 13 years.
You expect a keeper to plow through and create a penalty against a 6'5'' 200lbs striker to get to a ball..? If anything the guy that was supposed to control anichebe is to blame more than Hugo...

Like it or not, all we have left is the CL qualification.

If it's of any consolation, the Chavs going through leaves them with a ridiculous run-in:

vs Man City (FA Cup), 14 Apr
vs Fulham, 17 Apr
vs Liverpool, 21 Apr
vs Europa League semi 1st leg, 25 Apr
vs Swansea, 28 Apr
vs Europa League semi 2nd leg, 2 May
vs Man Utd, 5 May
vs Spurs?, 8 May
vs FA Cup final (if they make it), 11 May
vs Villa (re-scheduled from Cup final day), 15 May
vs Everton, 19 May (last day)

Plus, if they win the EL semi, the final is 15 May, so Villa will have to be squeezed in somewhere as well. I think I may bell be wanting them to beat City and get to the EL final (and then drop down with exhaustion in both finals)

Gawd, do I feel unclean now....

rafa-benitez-wink.jpg

The thing for me.. was that the EL became of any real interest once we got to the knock out rounds and played some real teams.

A positive from last night is that we do have some more breathing room in the league and our best players will be focused on one objective. Let's finish in the top four and buy some good players in the summer to help us get after some trophies next season...

I've been wanting Chelsea to win EL and FA Cup games for a while.

I was one of those who wanted them to beat Man U, others wanted them to lose. I'm so pleased they won and we don't have to play them this Sunday.

Re Europa v Champs

I think AVB is talking rubbish about how we've set standards etc. IF he had have put out his best team, we, in all probability,would be in the semi-finals and Bale would be training next week instead of having his blood spun or whatever,

AVB has gone down on my estimation considerably over the last two weeks or so.

Though fair play to him for playing Dempsey - good call there.

Is anyone else feeling a little bit embarrassed by this thread now.

We shouldn't do optimism...

That's not what we should be learning though. Optimism is good for all aspects of life. However, to think that there is actually an option to simply make a choice between the two, winning the EL and getting top4 - that would be embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom