Europa League vs Gent (20.05KO)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Players have let Poch down there,, especially Alli.

We should be looking to put 3-4 past these teams. Son needs to learn to finish 1 on 1s.

They better respond Sunday, or this season could be a disaster...

They have but Poch sometimes doesn't do himself any favours

Whatever else is levelled at Janssen bringing him in after 88 mins in a situation like that is out of order

Feel sorry for the bloke

Meanwhile Modric and Bale have won the champs league twice in a row. You can't lose players of that quality...Kane is worrying, he doesn't seem able to perform outside of the PL, neither in Europe for Spurs nor for England.

Kane is fine. He is still tired from last season and the summer break he never got (thanks, England, we know you're doing great things with our players, lol...). He's still only 23. He is not Ronaldo. He is still a top 5 prem striker though. Let's be cool.

Not a bad performance tonight, game was lost in first leg. Need to learn as a team that in Europe it's no good playing well half the time, need to be on it for both legs. Fuck it, wanted FA Cup more anyway.

Please stfu with the 'Wembley curse' nonsense, it has fuck all to do with the stadium, we are just not as good as some think we are. Our very best 11 is somewhat overrated to begin with, but our squad depth is just downright poor. A lot of work to be done this summer.

Gutted but I can't fault the lads for effort they put in considering we was down to 10 men. So many chances and then we get caught on the counter.

We need to go and smash Millwall now...

We played well tonight. So much negative bullshit on here. Dele was stupid with the challenge and then we were simply unlucky. The ref was a twat. Good spirit and fight with 10 men. We need to turn the frustration into something positive for the rest of the season.

Please stfu with the 'Wembley curse' nonsense, it has fuck all to do with the stadium, we are just not as good as some think we are. Our very best 11 is somewhat overrated to begin with, but our squad depth is just downright poor. A lot of work to be done this summer.

Is that why we've conceded 5 at home all season yet 6 in 4 matches at Wembley? I'ts not an excuse as the players should deal with it, but there's obviously a huge difference.

Should we have taken chances better? Yes. But that fucking jammy away goal for Gent fucked us royally. Gave them something to sit back on.

It wasn't Jammy. We've been awful at defending corners since the start of the season and yet we don't seem to take note and try improve our record. Dier didn't defend it, lost his challenge, Kane panicked and headed it backwards when he was leaning back.

We had something like 30 chances, yet only 3 shots on target. If we need 10 chances to score 1 goal we're going to struggle with top 4.

Disappointed, but only 2 points away from 6th this may give us some rest for the remainder of the League fixtures.
But fuck me, GENT??!! I feel like I'm blowing sunshine up my own ass with this post...

Back
Top Bottom