Europa league or Nothing?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Europa league or Nothing?

• Europa League qualification

Votes: 32 32.7%
  • No Europe at all

Votes: 45 45.9%
  • I haven’t given up on top 4/5 yet

Votes: 21 21.4%

• Total voters
We will be lucky to get Europa at the moment, far more teams in better form.

This club should always be playing in Europe. The EL is a route to the CL and it’s also a much easier competition, look at the dross that United have played this season. We can actually do something in that completion while we rebuild the team for the CL.

My biggest respect on here is that those who backed Pochettino and thought we were better than what we are have mostly been quiet.

I like that there is recognition that last season's Champions League final appearance was nearly a sham.

We were poor all last season, from when we scraped past Fulham, and Sessegnon played better than he has for us so far, right through to our last game.

We are so average that it's only the fact that football has become an irrelevance that saves us.

I still say beggars can't be choosers... who are we to decide which competition is beneath us?
A Trophy is a Trophy, and we haven't won ANY in the last 12 years, so why the snobbery over this one?

Anyway, if it's 'so easy' to win, why don't we just go and win it next season...?
at least it's a route back to the CL (which, ironically it wasn't when we WERE in it a few years back!!)

The League Cup is a 'distraction', the FA Cup has lost its' magic and is also beneath many, you know that just leaves the League to win...? ...and we aren't doing THAT any time soon!

I genuinely don't get why you wouldn't want to be in a Competition you actually might have a slim chance of doing well in!!

I would never say no to the Europa. Helps with developing players and it's a trophy we could realistically aim for (if we improve next season of course, we were absolutely dreadful tonight).

If Jose and Levy think our squad is fine then we need as few games as possible next year. The Europa is good for developing players and giving time to the squad, but do we have a management team that gives a shit about that?

We need to now pick a system, I favour back 4 not 5 and defence players and unless any are injured play them in every match for the rest of this season. No midweek matches and they should be able to cope. Might be unfair to those not selected but we need to see players getting used to each other and a system and stop chopping and changing.

Europa League.

How on earth can anyone want nothing? As if we are above any trophy.
I don’t think it’s as simple as people are just scoffing at a trophy.

I am undecided still I haven’t voted yet, but the argument against is that the Europa league directly effects our ability to perform to our best in the league.

Thus we risk becoming stuck in those positions season after season like woolwich have been for so long.

You look at liverpool in the Gerrard slip season, Leicester when they won the league, Chelsea when they won the league, Leicester the first half of this season, us the second half of 16/17 when we went out at the group stage.

The evidence is there that you can have some great league runs playing games once a week.

I would hate us not being in europe, it just wouldn’t feel right, but I see both sides of the argument and don’t think there is a wrong answer here.

I won't be unhappy to be in it if it's Europa or nothing. The group stages might be flat but you can still get some tasty match ups in the knockouts.

Is this a fucking joke? A club that hasn’t won anything in ages is being picky about being in the EL? For WHAT? To get top 4 and no trophies? Fuck that.

I’d rather have the opportunity to win the EL than no opportunity at all.

Europa League or nothing is not here or there. This is a short term view and not so important after being in the CL for so many seasons.

What matters now is the direction of the club after such a poor season. I think the future is bleak.

Back
Top Bottom