Europa league or Nothing?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Europa league or Nothing?

• Europa League qualification

Votes: 32 32.7%
  • No Europe at all

Votes: 45 45.9%
  • I haven’t given up on top 4/5 yet

Votes: 21 21.4%

• Total voters
Why wouldn't people want to be in European competition next season?

Seems strange to me.

Seems fucked up to me.

Best way to prepare for European competitions is to not play in European competitions. Says no one ever.

If we had of taken the EL more seriously over the years and got to a semi and final previously I’m pretty sure that we’d have seen a different Tottenham in the CL final.

You can’t buy the experience of those occasions. We should be targeting winning the EL. End of.

We need to play in the Europa just for the sake of UEFA Coefficients. We've just managed to get into Pot 2 in CL but a season without any European matches would probably set us back into Pot 3 .

This club should always be playing in Europe. The EL is a route to the CL and it’s also a much easier competition, look at the dross that United have played this season. We can actually do something in that completion while we rebuild the team for the CL.

This seems crazy, how would Woolwich and ManU be above us in the coefficient for the last 5 years?

Shows how important it is to be in any European. It’s why I don’t get why some wouldn’t want to be in the Europa

Stupid to even suggest we'd be better off out of Europe all together. The only reason we might miss out on CL allocated according to coefficient is because we're dumb cunts who are "too good for Europa". Its why we also typically end up the best team in Pot 3 for CL group draws and draw murderous groups often times.

The fucking absurdity of thinking we're too good for Europa...why? What the fuck else have we won?

No Europa. This team has run out of gas, getting them to play mid week in Russia could finish them off.

Also increase our chances of a decent league/cup campaign next season.

We'd be better off missing Europa and having 10-12 fewer fixtures on the slate next season.

Our key guys have been so overworked the last few years due to an inadequate squad and additional pressure to perform internationally. Having a season to recharge and focus on the Prem would be ideal.

Back
Top Bottom