Euro 2016 - France

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In my defence, it was in 2008. Got spectacular odds and the fact they are ranked 2nd in the world (even allowing for that being slightly nonsensical) suggests I wasn't far off.

Good managers show their worth at times like this. Wilmots is a cunt.

Hang on a minute. I've just re read this.

What do you mean 2008? You put on a bet 8 years ago? For real? How would you look after the slip? What exactly were the odds. What made you bet on the land of beer chocolate and peadophiles?

We were so poor and its all linked to our coach who has no cojones at all, even playing like we did we got a few clear cut chances. Your coach trashed ours
Been saying it for the last couple of competitions - the only thing preventing Belgium from competing is Wilmots. The level of players and egos in that squad has dramatically changed in the last 3/4 years, and he is clearly incapable of managing such a talented squad.

Hahahahha - you're killing it, mate

Frothing much?

Back to the Croydon offy you go before you get binned again for mocking someone with cancer or mental disorder
Now, we all think Audere could rein it in at times but when did he mock someone with a mental disorder? If I recall he criticised someone talking about their child's disability on a public forum. Now, that's not his business who posts what, but hardly mocking.
Please do share a link if I've missed some actual mocking as that would be heinous.

Anyway we're all bored of your constant insults of a few posters so why not just stop it? Guess you can't resist.

With their talent, Belgium are a good manager away from being a scary opponent.

And whatever it is that gets Italian players upping their game at international level, we need some of that magic. They've a decent squad, but hardly better than ours now or in recent times yet they perform so much better. Is it a mental strength thing?

Hang on a minute. I've just re read this.

What do you mean 2008? You put on a bet 8 years ago? For real? How would you look after the slip? What exactly were the odds. What made you bet on the land of beer chocolate and peadophiles?
What I mean by 2008 is the year between 2007 and 2009. Yes, for real. I was using the William Hill site at the time, so I don't have to have a wee piece of paper in a safe somewhere. Got 66-1 for outright on the Euros and went each way on the World Cups.

Bet on them at the time to win in 2014, 2016 and 2018 too. I read an article about them back then in something like World Soccer and liked what I read. Looked like they had a load of strong young players that would hit their peak around now and that's happened. Just a shame they are managed by a twat.

Quote from December 2011 on here....
Re: Apparently we've signed Vertonghen
Put a stack of cash on them for 2014 and 2016 a couple of years back. Would've put more on if I'd known they would have Scotland in the qualifiers!

I'm sure it's been said but I can't believe he broke up Vertonghen and Alderweireld. Do Belgium not have any left backs? Vermealen has been injured for most of the season...

Belgium, with Verts and Alder as a CB pair, struggled against a poor Norway side just prior to the Euros. I'm guessing that + Lukaku the full back not being good enough, is why their idiot manager split them up. If the moron had some basic understanding of football he would keep the pair and provide them with the world's best CM to help them out, instead of playing the terrible Wits-Naing duo.

Belgium, with Verts and Alder as a CB pair, struggled against a poor Norway side just prior to the Euros. I'm guessing that + Lukaku the full back not being good enough, is why their idiot manager split them up. If the moron had some basic understanding of football he would keep the pair and provide them with the world's best CM to help them out, instead of playing the terrible Wits-Naing duo.
Dembele should have been on for Felaini if anyone - the talentless clogger just goes around kicking people

Screaming out for a 3421 formation I'd say. Our two plus the Barcelona reserve at the back, Mowhawk, Dembele, Witsel and Big Hair across the midfield, Hazard and De Bruyne supporting Lukaku.

Back
Top Bottom