Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it would be a massive mistake to send him out on loan. He's needed here right now, and will be throughout the season.
Did you read anything anybody above you has said about him not being needed here? We don't need 6 centerbacks, 7 if you include Veljkovic. 8 if you include Fryers. He needs to play consistently in order to improve. Why do you think he'll be needed here. I know that you don't want to sell your beloved Dawson which will leave us with a surplus of center backs.

Did you read anything anybody above you has said about him not being needed here? We don't need 6 centerbacks, 7 if you include Veljkovic. 8 if you include Fryers. He needs to play consistently in order to improve. Why do you think he'll be needed here. I know that you don't want to sell your beloved Dawson which will leave us with a surplus of center backs.
Agreed. We really should only keep 5-6 including the young lads.

I honestly don't see why Dier couldn't break into the first team this season. And I think that's due to the clubs position with CB's right now. Vertonghen is our number 1 for sure, but what about after that? Kabul has hardly played for two years, Dawson is not the player he was, Vlad is rumoured to be unhappy and available for transfer - as far as I can see that spot next to Vertonghen is up for grabs so it wouldn't surprise me at all of Dier gets a shot at it and keeps his spot!

I honestly don't see why Dier couldn't break into the first team this season. And I think that's due to the clubs position with CB's right now. Vertonghen is our number 1 for sure, but what about after that? Kabul has hardly played for two years, Dawson is not the player he was, Vlad is rumoured to be unhappy and available for transfer - as far as I can see that spot next to Vertonghen is up for grabs so it wouldn't surprise me at all of Dier gets a shot at it and keeps his spot!
I hear what you're saying, he's got great potential. But ideally Mussachio would come in, is a relevation and makes such a strong case for starting alongside Jan that neither Dier nor anyone else even sniffs a starting CB spot except for injuries, rest, or unimportant games.

He made a mistake, a bad pass I think it was, early in the second half, and it seemed to affect his game in the next few minutes, untill he hit a good tackle. Might be cause it was his first game, but to me it showed just a little bit of lack of maturity, that can cost us points in the PL. This is something that might be fixed during a good loan spell.

Other than that he did a very good job.

It was his first game, at home in front of the fans no less, at a big club, upon the first move of his entire life, and against a perennial Champions League elimination rounds contestant. My shorts would have been caked in shit. Thought he did quite well yesterday given the circumstances.

I agree cahspur cahspur .. he did well yesterday. He's a big lad and his height will be useful. The free kick he headed away he barely needed to jump for. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

I thought that Dier did very well yesterday, he impressed me and I had not seen him play at all before. I don't know about him being in the starting lineup, as I expect us to buy Musacchio. However, it's a squad's game and he will get 25+ games if he stays fit this season. Might start vs Spam with Kaboul though with Jan still not match-fit, Vlad on his way(possibly?) and Dawson injured.

If we get Musacchio in I think Milos will be the one to get loaned out, possibly Fryers too.

Dier told Spurs’ official club website, “I was really happy to get out there on the pitch.

“It’s obviously my first time playing at the stadium and it was a fantastic experience. We made lots of changes and it can be hard to keep the same momentum in that situation, but we played well and I was really happy with my first game.

“I hope to keep improving, but I’m happy with the start. It’s great to be here.”

tom-cruise-top-gun-dick.gif

When he scored the goal the video quality went to shit I couldn't work out who had scored, I knew he was tall and white so I though it must be Kane, but I was confused because Kane doesn't bomb it like that

when I found out it was Dier I was shocked, like a kid in the play ground who was told to play defender but thought screw this I'm going forward.

Putting the goal aside, I thought e had a solid game at be back. Granted, Cole and Vaz Te didn't offer much of a threat, but he put a shift in and appeared to be alright when covering for the red carded Naughton.

Putting the goal aside, I thought e had a solid game at be back. Granted, Cole and Vaz Te didn't offer much of a threat, but he put a shift in and appeared to be alright when covering for the red carded Naughton.

Yep looks a natural, aside from wet spam being shit they are full of brick shit houses and bullied us today a bit, Dier looked good trough out.

Back
Top Bottom