Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There’s more chance of kelly brook giving me a barney Johnson than Eric dier being a competent CB. He gives the ball away far to often. In these run of massive games in the past two weeks he has given the ball away so many times in really dangerous positions.
What about Barney Johnson giving you a Kelly brook? Heard he's up for it if you are!

Eric is playing at half the intensity and has very little influence defensively compared to earlier in his career in his last handful of games in midfield. Wouldn't mind as much if he wasn't spraying missed passes as well which he does with regularity. Really needs to have some words with Poch and work it out because it doesn't make much sense - lack of confidence or what?

Eric is playing at half the intensity and has very little influence defensively compared to earlier in his career in his last handful of games in midfield. Wouldn't mind as much if he wasn't spraying missed passes as well which he does with regularity. Really needs to have some words with Poch and work it out because it doesn't make much sense - lack of confidence or what?

I really wish he would dedicate himself to playing as a center-back. Hes just a little bit on the immobile side for CDM, especially when we have Wanyama around. Not sure that's going to get any better as he gets older and starts losing athleticism. Hes very good of course though, and I feel bad criticizing his game at all.

I thought he had a good first half up until the injury at the end.

He definitely wasn't 100% in the second half and should have been subbed off earlier for Wanyama.

He definitely wasn't 100% in the second half and should have been subbed off earlier for Wanyama.
He was great, won all his personal duels and had Matuidi in his pocket. Agree on his injury, thought he was fine but there was a moment when in the 2nd half he blocked a cross in our box, in doing so he rolled over onto his injured arm and he looked in a lot of discomfort, from that moment he lost the mobility in his arm.

I really wish he would dedicate himself to playing as a center-back. Hes just a little bit on the immobile side for CDM, especially when we have Wanyama around. Not sure that's going to get any better as he gets older and starts losing athleticism. Hes very good of course though, and I feel bad criticizing his game at all.

He’s just turned 24 mate not even hit his prime. And forget about him ever being a CB he makes way to many mistakes. Honestly if he wasn’t English he would be no where near this spurs side. He’s such an average player.

exactly, you could see he was uncomfortable, he got up in pain after a slide in tackle giving a corner, as if his shoulder was fooked. Shouldn't have walked back out at half time and think that cost us TBH. Not sure why victor didn't play. Always feel a little on edge when Dier is the last man in defence, as if he could lose concentration at any point. Don't want to be too hard on him

Worth a read.....
www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/eric-dier-cars-no-we-discuss-brexit-and-catalonia-at-spurs-w97mjj37v

Maybe the medias problem with us is that our players are NOT all a bunch of clichèd football meatheads, and ACTUALLY have some intelligence between them...

INTELLIGENCE intimidates people without any!
Maybe the press know that the Spurs players are finally onto them... and hit out with spite and jelousy!
Good article. Hopefully it reflects on a healthy culture within the club.

Back
Top Bottom