Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wanyama is out for a few weeks dealing with a minor knee issue (probably the one he has had all summer). So looks like we will probably see more of Dier in the midfield for a while (according to Poch's press conference)

Wanyama is out for a few weeks dealing with a minor knee issue (probably the one he has had all summer). So looks like we will probably see more of Dier in the midfield for a while (according to Poch's press conference)
It's been reported as cartilage, which is odd as this usually means key hole surgery, snip the offending bit of cartilage off and that's that. Couple of weeks out max, some nowadays are back in action within a handful of days. Suspect it might be more than cartilage.

It's been reported as cartilage, which is odd as this usually means key hole surgery, snip the offending bit of cartilage off and that's that. Couple of weeks out max, some nowadays are back in action within a handful of days. Suspect it might be more than cartilage.
Apparently I was wrong about it being the same injury he had this summer but he picked it up training for the burnley game. So might just be cartilage but he toughed it out for Burnley

according to the standard, the reason England were shite thursday night is because we stopped Dier from Joining Man Utd.
This seems to have prevented him from playing like the bastard son of messi, ronaldo and beckenbauer.

It's all our fault.

:allitongue:

according to the standard, the reason England were shite thursday night is because we stopped Dier from Joining Man Utd.
This seems to have prevented him from playing like the bastard son of messi, ronaldo and beckenbauer.

It's all our fault.

:allitongue:
:pochfacepalm:Can't we have a "shaking my head in disbelief" option, can't tell you how many times I could have used it

He had a a great game tonight- I love seeing him make the marauding runs out of defense. Loved seeing him chase down and hassle Ronaldo out of bounds in the first half! His left-foot looked very good for passes, too.

He had a a great game tonight- I love seeing him make the marauding runs out of defense. Loved seeing him chase down and hassle Ronaldo out of bounds in the first half! His left-foot looked very good for passes, too.
He also broke down a breakaway, Isco I think, sprinted like crazy for 15yrds to block off his run, he then held him up and forced him to turn and go back from where he had just come. Defence all then were back and set.

Dier is so incredibly important. Full of quality in so many roles, and willing to do whatever job is required. So important if we're to challenge on multiple fronts.

Honestly believe that without Dier we don't sign Sanchez. Signing Sanchez meant committing to a back 3, and without Dier we'd be starving for cover. No way Poch makes that sort of a commitment to a system that becomes impossible to play after cards/knocks mount up. And I doubt the move would be made this season if it meant even more new faces. Dier being here allows for continuity and familiarity transitioning from a sometimes kinda back 3 to a fuck right off rock solid back 3 best defence in Europe.

Edit to above: And Davies too. Dier and Davies compromise our cover for Super Jan-Sanchez-Toby. Foyth is a development/emergency spare right Now. And that's why there no way at all Rose would be sold in January, and people really need to give that up. Even if he weren't to come back and be better than Davies, he'd be needed to ensure that Davies can cover at CB if necessary. There will certainly be a point when 2 of the back three need to be rested at the same time and Dier and Davies will both be called upon at CB

Back
Top Bottom