Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Geoff Hurst = Harry
Martin Peters = Dele
Bobby Moore = err... Tripps?

Which of course means Harry gets a hatrick in the final.

Any yes, I am old enough to have seen '66 on the telly.
Apparently I watched the final on TV too...I was only about 18 months at the time though...My mum was a big football fan and never missed a game.

That day at wham will forever be known as Eric Wimbledon day...it's a long story but it has worked out well.I have said it before in other posts I believe he should be the captain of our team there is something about him and that in my opinion only...he is a leader he doesn't take shite he puts the boot In and he can play.

Haven't seen enough praise for his performance against Newcastle, thought he was our man of the match. The guy is a born leader and is criminally underrated, would say he's future captain candidate but that's definitely Kane.

Haven't seen enough praise for his performance against Newcastle, thought he was our man of the match. The guy is a born leader and is criminally underrated, would say he's future captain candidate but that's definitely Kane.

It's a weird one, there are some who say he's one of our best players, and others who think he's not good enough to be in our starting 11.

For me he's at his absolute best when he's shielding our two CBs, and almost drops in to be a third CB. He doesn't play as well as one of two holding midfielders.

If we do play 4-3-3 this season, would not surprise me at all if he comes out of it as our player of the season.

Thought he was excellent in the first half and fell off a bit in the 2nd which is understandable given the WC and a lack of pre season.

Once Jan and Hugo retire we have a strong captains trio growing within the squad if we can keep hold of them in Harry, Dier and possibly Ben. Winks is also in with a shout but I have yet to see him show leadership qualities

Great read.

Would love for us to make him captain after Lloris to be honest.
He's Captain material, I was surprised he wasn't made England Capt, but guess there were doubts about him over Henderson. I don't mind about with us, I'm just delighted that we have a number of players with the mindset we've lacked for decades. As leaders we can count on Lloris, Kane, Dier, Vertonghen and Eriksen.

I think any wobbles or question marks about this group in the last year or so have been not having to prove something, I think we are superb when we are trying to prove people wrong, I think this attitude was largely responsible for our 3rd and 2nd place finishes. However, there where a couple of potentially cocky performances last season (West Ham kangaroo cup jumps out at me), certainly we didn't have the same grit about us. Hearing these words from Dier reminds me of his post Chelsea (5-3) game. I like it.

He's Captain material, I was surprised he wasn't made England Capt, but guess there were doubts about him over Henderson. I don't mind about with us, I'm just delighted that we have a number of players with the mindset we've lacked for decades. As leaders we can count on Lloris, Kane, Dier, Vertonghen and Eriksen.

I think any wobbles or question marks about this group in the last year or so have been not having to prove something, I think we are superb when we are trying to prove people wrong, I think this attitude was largely responsible for our 3rd and 2nd place finishes. However, there where a couple of potentially cocky performances last season (West Ham kangaroo cup jumps out at me), certainly we didn't have the same grit about us. Hearing these words from Dier reminds me of his post Chelsea (5-3) game. I like it.

It reminded me of this and I loved this.

Back
Top Bottom