Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought Henderson played well enough last night to warrant him starting the next game.

Could be that we need both at some point v Belgium though

I thought he was ok, looks to struggle under pressure, few simple passes wayward, tends to pick the ball up with his back to goal rather than side on which forces the sideways or negative passing. If the opposition sit near him it will be a problem. Different sort of player to Dier...

Ashley Young though... looked way off the pace and unable to take players on at speed, if he's not doing that i'm not sure he deserves a space. Weakest player for me last night

I thought he was ok, looks to struggle under pressure, few simple passes wayward, tends to pick the ball up with his back to goal rather than side on which forces the sideways or negative passing. If the opposition sit near him it will be a problem. Different sort of player to Dier...

Ashley Young though... looked way off the pace and unable to take players on at speed, if he's not doing that i'm not sure he deserves a space. Weakest player for me last night

Yeah I had my doubts about Henderson but he does offer more in front of goal than Dier, and seemed to know what he was doing.
Can’t see a reason to drop him at the moment, so Dier will just have to bide his time....:he will be vital as we progress

Young started well but faded dramatically. Rashford is the only Utd player that need play again to be honest.

I thought Henderson did very well last night.
I heard on Talkshite before the WC that they were saying Henderson was the better option due to his passing/box to box/attacking strengths, which may be true.
However IMV Dier offers more of a defensive strength as he has the discipline to stay in position, therefore the choice is dependant on the opposition. Against weaker teams Henderson might be the better option but against stronger teams it should be Dier (if playing only 1 DM)

Randys-Big-Balls.png

Back
Top Bottom