ERADICATE TO ACCUMULATE:

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I continue to read various different post on various different threads. More and more, I,m becoming optimistic about 14/15! Not that I ever, held my head in my hands at the thought. But I will hold my hands up, and say, I have had knee-jerk reactions towards one or two players comments/attitudes. And responded prema-imma-turely.

We have a very, very tidy squad of players. The "un-rest" we all had to endure (players too) did not produce/portray us at our best. I believe Pochettino is (hopefully) the man to galvanize and get the best out of all associated with this Wonderful Football Club of ours in 14/15 and beyond.

I extend all of the above sentiment to everyone..............

Except, Lennon, Naughton, Kaboul (loved him once, but shot now) Livermore (wants/has to go) Rose and Chadli (I just do not see what some others do?). Sorry to add a negative. But the positive is, I am convinced we are gonna produce some awesome football under Poch!!

COYS!!

Like that Gibbs. He has good close ball vision too. i.e slipping a simple but effective pass in!

Yep. He is really quick at digging the ball out from underneath him when so many other Spurs players want to take a few touches. If Poch can get the best out of our players...The sky is the limit with this team if we get a few leftbacks.

I was demonstrating what happens with the squad registration, nothing to do with you sammy.

If its nothing to do with me, take your 40 page conversations of "Im pretending Im better than Gibbs but Im just as bad", to private emails and keep your demonstrations off the public forum

If its nothing to do with me, take your 40 page conversations of "Im pretending Im better than Gibbs but Im just as bad", to private emails and keep your demonstrations off the public forum

Gibbs has refused every invitation to remove conflicts to a private setting. He has been offered this proposition quite a few times.

Gibbs has refused every invitation to remove conflicts to a private setting. He has been offered this proposition quite a few times.
Then put him on ignore in the forum and end it. It's getting beyond ridiculous now, individually you can both be interesting posters, even if Gibbs does raise some very odd points at times. But you're both wasting each others time and annoying every other member of the forum. The biggest thing you can do is stop the petty arguing about the same points and walk away.

Then put him on ignore in the forum and end it. It's getting beyond ridiculous now, individually you can both be interesting posters, even if Gibbs does raise some very odd points at times. But you're both wasting each others time and annoying every other member of the forum. The biggest thing you can do is stop the petty arguing about the same points and walk away.

Again, I refer you to page 49 of the Sandro thread. I have tried everything that has already been suggested only to receive more unprovoked personal attacks, and now to be accused of the same level of disturbance. That is entirely absurd to put me on the same level as a person who has displayed the behavior of being banned from four previous boards, and especially after everything I've tried in public to end it, including what you've suggested. If you want this to end, you take it up with him or the board, as I've done everything I can. But I refuse to be held as accountable for being forced to defend myself on a daily basis from unprovoked attacks because of posts like this alleviating him of his additional infractions and the board previously taking no action.

Except just ignore him. Be the bigger man - if you dont bite then that is it, game over and no more 10 page circular arguments between you both.

Mate I've done that quite a few times, only for him to continue his personal attacks. I reserve the right to defend myself when personally attacked. I can assure you, I have tried every possible method I can. It is insulting to be subject to these patronizing instructions for methods I've clearly already attempted after you've seen his daily unsubstantiated attacks with none of mine against him, and to be continued to be held as accountable as his behavior. I cannot believe after all this I'm just now being instructed to "be the bigger man" after everything that's happened. Incredibly insulting, and very unfair.

Last edited:
Cahspur/Gibbs. For what its worth, imo, the pair of you are invaluable to this forum! I have read (and look for) your posts, as I do a few others on here (Lister for one) and have agreed and on the odd occasion disagreed with you all. But always, always your posts are informed/expressed with diligent knowledge. Way above my pay-grade!

That type of contribution is (again) invaluable to this forum. And imo, that is wasted, when the other "stuff" begins!

COYS!!

Cahspur/Gibbs. For what its worth, imo, the pair of you are invaluable to this forum! I have read (and look for) your posts, as I do a few others on here (Lister for one) and have agreed and on the odd occasion disagreed with you all. But always, always your posts are informed/expressed with diligent knowledge. Way above my pay-grade!

That type of contribution is (again) invaluable to this forum. And imo, that is wasted, when the other "stuff" begins!

COYS!!

I appreciate it mate, but I've done all I can. The choice is now entirely up to him. As of yet, today is the first day in well over a month that I've not received an unprovoked attack from him, so it's quite possibly this discussion has done its job. If so, we can all move on in peace.

I appreciate it mate, but I've done all I can. The choice is now entirely up to him. As of yet, today is the first day in well over a month that I've not received an unprovoked attack from him, so it's quite possibly this discussion has done its job. If so, we can all move on in peace.
There is a rumor your both joined at the waist!

Again, I refer you to page 49 of the Sandro thread. I have tried everything that has already been suggested only to receive more unprovoked personal attacks, and now to be accused of the same level of disturbance. That is entirely absurd to put me on the same level as a person who has displayed the behavior of being banned from four previous boards, and especially after everything I've tried in public to end it, including what you've suggested. If you want this to end, you take it up with him or the board, as I've done everything I can. But I refuse to be held as accountable for being forced to defend myself on a daily basis from unprovoked attacks because of posts like this alleviating him of his additional infractions and the board previously taking no action.
Don't worry about defending yourself, put him on ignore and you won't even see his attacks. If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? This is one of the few times I think one of these things can actually have relevance to a situation so sorry, I had to use it :chadliblow:

Seriously though, if you can't see what he's saying, why does it matter? Also whether he started it or not you have both thrown petty insults at each other over time, so you're both in the wrong now. (Oh dear I sound like a primary school teacher now:lamelawtf:).

Please just press ignore before I say any more dumb things, look what you two have reduced me to! :lamelashock: End this horror now!

Don't worry about defending yourself, put him on ignore and you won't even see his attacks. If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? This is one of the few times I think one of these things can actually have relevance to a situation so sorry, I had to use it :chadliblow:

Seriously though, if you can't see what he's saying, why does it matter? Also whether he started it or not you have both thrown petty insults at each other over time, so you're both in the wrong now. (Oh dear I sound like a primary school teacher now:lamelawtf:).

Please just press ignore before I say any more dumb things, look what you two have reduced me to! :lamelashock: End this horror now!

:paulinhofacepalm:

Goddamnit, Gibbs. I haven't received such undeserved talking-down-to since I was framed in 5th grade by the teacher's pet who stole my book reports.

It's not 40 pages of conversation, every time it happens, it's Gibbs making slanderous remarks, me having to both defend myself and actually clarify a situation, then people like you then get shitty with me for essentially defending myself.

In this thread alone, this is how he starts "attacking" me, yet you're saying that I'm suddenly trying to pretend I'm better or even anywhere near the same type of poster?

It's CJJ thats been spreading that nugget of misinformation if anything.
Go make a chart and polish your graphs bitch.
You are a Sasquatch of misinformation. I was trying to think of a big, ugly, smelly, lump that makes a lot of noise and isn't real.

You're either being the same and trying to get a rise for your own entertainment, or you're clearly not seeing it properly.

:paulinhofacepalm:

Goddamnit, Gibbs. I haven't received such undeserved talking-down-to since I was framed in 5th grade by the teacher's pet who stole my book reports.
I'm not trying to talk down to you. I'm just pointing out you spend what must be at least an hour a day arguing with him when all it would take would be you to press ignore, you save your time. Also the forum stops being filled up with the arguments. Also you should take it as a compliment most people are trying to get you to put him on ignore, not the other way around. You point out that you've tried ignore before but it hasn't stopped, I don't believe that for the simple reason he has no way of communicating with you when you press it. Just please at least give it a shot.

I'm not trying to talk down to you. I'm just pointing out you spend what must be at least an hour a day arguing with him when all it would take would be you to press ignore, you save your time. Also the forum stops being filled up with the arguments. Also you should take it as a compliment most people are trying to get you to put him on ignore, not the other way around. You point out that you've tried ignore before but it hasn't stopped, I don't believe that for the simple reason he has no way of communicating with you when you press it. Just please at least give it a shot.

I appreciate the compliment mate, but then you follow it up with contradicting yourself. Not talking down to me yet in the same post you continue accusing me of naivete in dealing with arguments, and then lying? Come on man, I like to think by now I've demonstrated more intellect and maturity than deserving of this. As such, I was hoping the sheer extent to which I've pushed this subject over the last 18 hours would convey the sheer magnitude to which I feel I've been wronged here, but it seems not and that this is only instead backfiring.

Fuck it, I'll shut up about it then. But this has been some straight up bullshit, dudes. Pretty fucked up how I've been treated over all this, even by interwebz standards.

COYS!!

put a sock in it,

gibbs is the forum version of anthrax and is a blight on the whole TFC community.

'But always, always your posts are informed/expressed with diligent knowledge' you cant be serious?

you do cahspur cahspur a disservice by lumping him in with that idiot.

put a sock in it,

gibbs is the forum version of anthrax and is a blight on the whole TFC community.

'But always, always your posts are informed/expressed with diligent knowledge' you cant be serious?

you do cahspur cahspur a disservice by lumping him in with that idiot.
Quote the whole post Oz, not just a selected line or 2. Ironic!
I go on to say that when the OTHER "stuff" starts, its a waste! Because they are both knowledgeable contributors to this forum.

Back
Top Bottom