Episode 19 discussion topics

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the obvious discussion is vdV or Defoe but not in a straight man'o'man way more which partnership is better: Ade & vdV or Ade & JD? The Ade & JD partnership has seen 2 goals scored in every start I believe as well as 100% wins including the NLD and Liverpool. If vdV isn't 100% fit should JD really expect to lose his place when he's playing so well and actually scoring goals?

January transfer window isn't far away and Redknapp has said he has no plans to sign anyone because he believes our squad is good enough. Is he right or should we be looking to improve when we're on top if we can and if so which positions should we be looking at?

I need to get my haircut but should I stick with what I've had for the past decade or should I go for something different before I'm too old to make a change?

Big BMC FC update please

Unfortunate to be without both Modric and VDV - but a good win. Do we need another CM with a bit more creativity or should we rely on Huddlestone and Krancjar?

Who do we think will leave in January?

FA Cup starting soon. How do we approach this? All guns blazing or play the youngsters for the first few rounds?

Could we compete on three fronts with Europa League, league And FA cup? Perhaps a league team and cup team may be the way forward.

If we are sitting in second in January it could be a big transfer window for us? How do you think it will pan out?

Does Adebayor deserve to be getting "YIDDO, YIDDO, YIDDO" chant screamed at him, and if not when will we really be able to call him a proper yid?

Note - I would just like to point out that it currently still grates on me that people are already screaming yido at him considering up until 6 months ago we all hated him.

kushty said:
Does Adebayor deserve to be getting "YIDDO, YIDDO, YIDDO" chant screamed at him, and if not when will we really be able to call him a proper yid?

Note - I would just like to point out that it currently still grates on me that people are already screaming yido at him considering up until 6 months ago we all hated him.

what should people do? He's playing very well, scoring goals, is a major reason why we're in 3rd, hates Woolwich, has said he's really enjoying himself at Spurs, clearly has a good relationship with many of the other players.

That's football. We always hate players, usually the good ones, from other teams, particularly rivals but when they wear lilywhite we should all accept them and support them. We would cry Yiddo, yiddo, yiddo at other players so he's no different.

459.gif

Not a discussion topic as such, but I think player songs need to be looked at. You've had a couple of goes at some players, but I think we need a methodical approach, as our repertoire is appalling.

For each player that doesn't have a unique song (and by that I don't mean "Suuuuuper, Super Scott"), ask for suggestions, then the next week sing them all and get people to vote on the best, etc. Would be a good 5 minute segment IMO - fun because some of the songs will be shit, and also genuinely beneficial to the fanbase!

Serious question now. We're currently benefiting from the loan rule with Adebayor, but should the loan rule be scraped in the Premier League for players under 24? Are the current rules allowing the bigger clubs to stockpile players?

Not sure the rule needs changing but a rule needs bringing in on a maximum squad size and if a player isn't required, aka Adebayor then that player is free to leave on a Bosman and his contract is torn up. That would prevent teams like City from buying up all the best players and just loaning them out when they're no longer needed.

drwinston001 said:
kushty said:

what should people do? He's playing very well, scoring goals, is a major reason why we're in 3rd, hates a***nal, has said he's really enjoying himself at Spurs, clearly has a good relationship with many of the other players.

That's football. We always hate players, usually the good ones, from other teams, particularly rivals but when they wear lilywhite we should all accept them and support them. We would cry Yiddo, yiddo, yiddo at other players so he's no different.

459.gif

Whoa there no need to get your g string in twist...I'm not knocking his performances as like you say he has been huge for us thus far this season. Basically what I'm getting at is do you not think it slightly hypocritical for people to turn round and scream yiddo at him considering the abuse we dished out at him for god knows how many seasons? And will he ever get accepted as a proper yid?

kushty said:
Whoa there no need to get your g string in twist...I'm not knocking his performances as like you say he has been huge for us thus far this season. Basically what I'm getting at is do you not think it slightly hypocritical for people to turn round and scream yiddo at him considering the abuse we dished out at him for god knows how many seasons? And will he ever get accepted as a proper yid?

ah, that's a different question and yes it's very hypocritical but that's what we as football fans are. Their player dived, our player was fouled etc. As for the future and ever being considered a proper yid that would depend on whether he signs full time, stays for at least a few seasons, scores plenty of goals and has no foreskin.

I was asked if i would give up a kidney for spurs to win the leauge on saturday night, difficult question

whats the most extreme body part you would give up for a leauge and cup double, and wining the league at the that shit hole library

What's so hypocritical about cheering Spurs players and handing out abuse to arse players?

If it was the other way around there would be a problem.

I want to know what your all getting for Christmas or what you would get for members of the first team.

i.e. Kaboul a DIY eye brow waxing kit. Benny a comb.

Back
Top Bottom