Enough is enough

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking joke.
What a bunch of melt down kids we really are.

Well the twats have got their wish lets watch and see their dream happen.

So embarrassed.

The team that beat us 0.5 yesterday were in disarray last season. Finishing 7th. Some supporters questioning the manager, calling for his head, player un-rest, etc! This season, Liverpool are currently sitting in the top 3! Getting good reviews and results! There are mitigating circumstances to our "erratic" start. Influx of new players and key injurys to our back line, for me the two main ones! I think the majority of us backed and praised AVB's signings when they arrived and we have seen glimpses of their qualities and our potential. Patience is a fu**ing condescending word, but we do have to back the players, and manager, at least until the end of the season. Lets see, in a couple of months, if we see an improvement! A settled side, that looks like it is gelling! A side with flair (Lamala, Townsend) and creativity (Eriksen, Holtby) and a cutting edge, (Soldado + A January Striker!) based on the solid foundation of Sandro, Capoue, Paulie, Dembele, Walker, Vert, Chiviries (how do you say/ spell his bloody name?) Rose, Kaboul and Hugo!

We may end up finishing 6th and with perhaps a bit of silverware and if we do, then that will be a better season than Liverpool had last year! And look at them now!

Should none of the above come to fruition, then agree, lets consider an alternative but in May, not now!!!

COYS!!

I dont mind the losing, we are afterall Spurs fans & therefore, used to it.
What is unacceptable to me as a Yid is the (lack of) style of football.
I refer you to the late, great Danny Blanchflower

Love the quote but entirely disagree with your philosophy. I care about winning, I don't care how we do it. But I also care about playing with pride, not getting stuffed 3-0, 6-0, and 5-0.

That's not to say I am happy with the manner in which we have been winning games (I am not). That is different, we are not grinding out 1-0's, we are getting lucky goals while the opposition has in many cases been extremely unlucky to come away with nothing. At the same time we are capitulating as soon as we go a couple down. It's the spursy fight back I miss, rather than this "you score 3 we'll score 4 and then leak in 2 more" attitude.

Let's not be silly, loosing is not cool ever, but loosing in the manner we are at the moment is (insert lots of bad words here).

Give him till the end of the season this post, we're still only a few points of 4th and in all the cups, embarrassing results aside.

If he hasnt won anything or achieved top 4 at the end of the season this sentence then he can go.

FIXED!
Gone, done... back to square one!

Now where??

It's a joke, not sure what our 'fans' expect now........how long will the new guy get?.....

We are back to 2 managers a season. The melt down kids think this is some sort of panacea.

Wait till Hoddle comes in. Loses to wham and scum in the cups then they start hollering for another manager.

Joke.

Fucking joke.

So embarrassed.

Is that from the "redknapp sacked" thread? How right you were.

Fucking joke.

So embarrassed.
Totally agree. How to turn a bad patch into a crisis. The manager with the best win ratio ever at our club has just been sacked. All this short term bollocks is why we're a nearly team every fucking year. We might as well have a half time raffle every week to choose who's in charge of the next game - with second prize a guide book to second string Eastern European football teams and a stuffed fucking cockerel.

This is worse than the defeat.

Ha ha @ VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur taking a lesson in football from tucker and TED on OG.

tried to win some friend by quoting my post about the American penchant for killing minors.....

Shot down in flames by two of the least knowledgable footballing pundits TFC has ever seen.

Lovely stuff.
What is this lesson you speak of? Has an argument been raging behind my back all this time and nobody bothered to tell me about it or tag me until now? Last I saw of the debate on formations over at OG I neatly put it to bed, and barring Tucker's two posts on OG which elicited my detailed responses, I've not had a single person on either site respond to the points that I raised except to agree with me. But I guess this is the part where you conveniently revise history.

Your comments were abhorrent. What, am I damned for the fact that I responded with an eye-roll gif? I guess you'd rather that I didn't respond at all and just rolled over like some light-weight pushover, but then the fact that I responded at all makes me desperate? You're rolling a loaded die mate, and now you're cunting me off for calling you out on it.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that that formation has serious deficiencies, and that complaining about the service to Soldado, and Spurs being too defensive, while backing the solution as being Townsend in a free role with wingbacks providing the only width down the flanks is a great way to get nowhere in trying to play good football, unless you like watching long balls pinged up the field.

This is what I posted 12 and a half hours ago, but because the site melted down it never submitted.

I'm perfectly happy to take you one post at a time mate, because mixed in with all of the terribly insensitive and cruel posts that you make there are some absolute gems. But don't tell me my voice doesn't count or that I'm clueless or that I'm not Spurs, because I hardly slept a wink last night I was such a nervous wreck at this train-wreck of a Managerial Merry-Go-Round that just endlessly blares the music of The Song That Never Ends.

Well, who now?

filepicker%2FwKu98aEToKyF448c5PaQ_barney_rubble.jpg

The team that beat us 0.5 yesterday were in disarray last season. Finishing 7th. Some supporters questioning the manager, calling for his head, player un-rest, etc! This season, Liverpool are currently sitting in the top 3! Getting good reviews and results! There are mitigating circumstances to our "erratic" start. Influx of new players and key injurys to our back line, for me the two main ones! I think the majority of us backed and praised AVB's signings when they arrived and we have seen glimpses of their qualities and our potential. Patience is a fu**ing condescending word, but we do have to back the players, and manager, at least until the end of the season. Lets see, in a couple of months, if we see an improvement! A settled side, that looks like it is gelling! A side with flair (Lamala, Townsend) and creativity (Eriksen, Holtby) and a cutting edge, (Soldado + A January Striker!) based on the solid foundation of Sandro, Capoue, Paulie, Dembele, Walker, Vert, Chiviries (how do you say/ spell his bloody name?) Rose, Kaboul and Hugo!

We may end up finishing 6th and with perhaps a bit of silverware and if we do, then that will be a better season than Liverpool had last year! And look at them now!

Should none of the above come to fruition, then agree, lets consider an alternative but in May, not now!!!

COYS!!

Main difference was that Liverpool KEPT the star player that was causing some of that unrest... we sold up!
Continuity isn't alwas just about keeping the manager... it's about standing firm on players too... showing tough love, saying "fuck your 'Boyhood Spanish team', you're staying here... that's why we pay you!" and letting the cunt get on with it.
Liverpool were brave, there coulda been a rebellion or backlash... but there wasn't... and now they're 2nd, and beating rival teams 5-0 away!!

Selling Bale was the beginning of the end for AVB IMHO! (not that he had much say in either matter, but you know what I mean!):avbmad:

Main difference was that Liverpool KEPT the star player that was causing some of that unrest... we sold up!
Continuity isn't alwas just about keeping the manager... it's about standing firm on players too... showing tough love, saying "fuck your 'Boyhood Spanish team', you're staying here... that's why we pay you!" and letting the cunt get on with it.
Liverpool were brave, there coulda been a rebellion or backlash... but there wasn't... and now they're 2nd, and beating rival teams 5-0 away!!

Selling Bale was the beginning of the end for AVB IMHO! (not that he had much say in either matter, but you know what I mean!):avbmad:
Like you, I agree, on paper 80-90 million was,in the long-term cheap for Bale!! Probable CL qualification, marketing, image rights etc! But we both know the EPL world we live in and I suggest, had RM offered the same amount of money for Suarez, he'd be wearing the White of RM now too!

COYS!!

Back
Top Bottom