ENIC/Levy In/Out 2022

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In or Out?

• In

Votes: 89 80.9%
  • Out

Votes: 21 19.1%

• Total voters
Voted 'in,' haven't read the thread but either levy has learnt from his mistakes or is just not great at multitasking and is alright when he gets round to things, maybe there is/was a plan.

I have changed my mind about him, sometimes it's nice to be proved wrong.
Fair enough. Although one transfer window, albeit promising so far, isn't enough for me to wipe away over 20 trophyless years and banter status a club of our size and stature should never have had to endure.

The disgraceful 2018-2019 cop out when we squandered all of Poch’s hard work while simultaneously raking in world record profits still leaves a whiff of suspicion and doubt for me, as do so many other actions and words that are too numerous to put into one post in this thread.

Remember. We still haven't won anything. I'm as open as anyone to changing my mind. But I need to see sustained results and squad investment before I jump the fence ,mate.

Fair enough. Although one transfer window, albeit promising so far, isn't enough for me to wipe away over 20 trophyless years and banter status a club of our size and stature should never have had to endure.

The disgraceful 2018-2019 cop out when we squandered all of Poch’s hard work while simultaneously raking in world record profits still leaves a whiff of suspicion and doubt for me, as do so many other actions and words that are too numerous to put into one post in this thread.

Remember. We still haven't won anything. I'm as open as anyone to changing my mind. But I need to see sustained results and squad investment before I jump the fence ,mate.
Did we not win anything because of lack of investment, or was it because we blew it? We've been in 3 finals, one of them being the CL, and countless semifinals in the past few years. The fact that we even got to them means we had a capable squad. The fact that we didn't win any of them is down to the manager, the players, and luck. It's not like we fielded ENIC's board of directors in those games. So spare me this tired "we haven't won a trophy, because ENIC didn't spend" argument.

As for investment, I don't know how many times it needs to be pointed out that when we had the resources we spent. If you want to complain, complain about the fact we didn't spend well. Complain about the fact that we didn't have top notch scouting and data analytics to identify and evaluate players properly. That's what I'm really pissed off about, because that was well within our means to establish.

But hey, if it gives you a rise to just keep rehashing the same old cliche of "we don't fucking spend, waaah," it's a free speech forum, so go for it. Don't be surprised or insulted if you are not taken seriously, however.

Last edited:
We have a Levy/ENIC thread and this is headed in/out 2022. So does that mean it is just for a poll or just for their performance this year? Comments about the past should be in the other thread. In 2022 the club have bought 2 good players in January. Now should ENIC/Levy get the credit for that? well if Levy truly is taking a back seat then No that credit goes to Paratici and Conte. As Conte was recruited in 2021 that does not come into it either, nor does getting CL football as ENIC did not achieve that.
Now the £150m injection into the club and a very positive statement backing Conte is defiantly plus points. Whilst we do not know of the details of the Conte/Levy meeting it seems to have gone well by Conte affirming he is staying. As to the rest of 2022, the signs are positive with 2 incoming players this early in the summer. The future is looking rosier than it has for some time.
Now the anti ENIC contingent will never overlook past failures but for someone like me in the middle ground, I see no reason for ENIC or Levy to leave. If we had new owners it is a lottery if they will have a positive effect.
If, as the anti Enic contingent claim, that everything that's wrong is Levy's fault then by the same token everything that's good must also be down to Levy.

This includes appointing Paratici and Conte, and taking a back seat. So Enic/Levy must absolutely get credit for that.

Appoints Jose - Levy's fault
Appoints Nuno - Levy's fault

Appoints Paratici - desperate/fall guy/lucky/no credit/
Appoints Conte - desperate/luck/fan pressure/no credit.

Last edited:
513ngq+JM3L._AC_UX385_.jpg

No it didn’t.

It did:

1 trophy in 20+ years.

Of course it's "Out"!
ffs not this again, ENIC have provided their managers with players, infrastructure and finances which are capable of picking up more than 1 fucking trophy in 20 odd years.

If you want to make the assertion that Spurs should have won the league, then go ahead but no; that was not the convo at hand.

It’s still trophies.

All of which are just as attainable as the next?

Oh please... Mate, you're smarter than this.

ENIC built teams which could reliably get top 4 but never do that whilst winning other trophies. Get over it. It’s factual. Something which happens over 20+ years isn’t just bad luck or the fault of managers, it’s indicative of an overriding strategy which marginalises trophies in favour of securing European football due to the financial rewards.

I have not mentioned "luck".

You are the one however that suggested that we have hired a succession of "incapable" managers (inc. Poch whom as far as I could tell from prev. convos you rated).

Ramos got lucky. It doesn’t happen often. Clubs who build their structure around winning trophies don’t need that factor, they make it happen. Yeah we reached some semi’s and a final but at no point did we have teams where winning some kind of a trophy was almost a given, nor at any point were trophies a priority.

Being the 6th richest(*) team in the world's most competitive league might just have something (i.e. a whole damn lot!) to do with that..... A country who's trophy haul has been dominated by petro-doping during the same 20 year spell in question.

(*Admittedly, 5th for a season or two and now back down to 6th thanks to NC.)

Meanwhile, you're genuinely suggesting that Arse have a few FACups under their belt over the last decade because - contrary to their entire fanbase! - they're 'built for trophies'?

There's no element of good fortune to the fact that they faced Hull, Villa & Birmingham City in cup finals?

Arse beat Chavski in 2020 cos Arteta was an elite manager and they had the best squad?

Martinez & Wigan pipped City for similar reasons?

Again, I'm not claiming bad luck; but finals can be a lottery and the simple fact is getting to finals whilst ALSO bagging 3rd and 4th place finishes very much suggests one's team HAS been good enough to bag a trophy or two along the way.

Last edited:
You just know that as soon as Conte leaves, Levy will fuck up the next appointment.

20 years and how many good managers? Most of the decent ones were got in a blind panic because the situation was critical. Jol. Harry.

Remember the chaos over last Summer? Levy is fucking lucky that he was negotiating with Kane's brother over that "contract". The shambles of Nuno. The whole Summer and more to get someone good and we end up with that clown. Not too different from Santini - 10 months to sort something and we end up with an idiot who even the French journos couldn't understand.

Give him some role with NFL or the balance sheet. Keep this footballing eejit as far away from any footballing decisions as possible.

Imagine getting angry at something that hasn't happened yet in the future

Lol at some of the replies.

This question was asked back in April 2021 but this time round it's premature, we should wait until the transfer window closes etc.. etc..

Stupid fucking poll, the guy who posted it is a cunt anyway. Respect to those still voting No as you have your opinion and you're a fucking nightmare to be around :dierpochhug:

What's really funny is that when a similar poll was held following the carnage of Mourinho/Mason, The ESL scandal and NunoGate the result was pretty much in reverse.

More proof of the emotional hold Mr Levy seems to hold over our fan base👨‍❤️‍👨

Nothing has really happened yet. All we've seen is a statement and a couple of free transfers yet everyone can't get back into bed with the guy quick enough!

We still haven't, you know.......won anything for like 15 years!!

Like some massive, guilt ridden sense of loss has been pulling at the heartstrings ever since the fateful day you dared vote the other way.

I'm sure he forgives you all guys 🎻

sorry-im.gif

JT: Not at all intending to goad or troll people....... Never... No........ Not one bit..... :pocheyes:

70% of people on the forum have "Stockholm Syndrome" and don't know their own mind, that's all.

#NotOneBrick

Voted in.
Enic far from perfect but looking at our direct rivals (Citeh, Chavs, Utd, Woolwich, Newcs, Everton, Spam) - their owners are either sport washing despots, plunderers, or tinpot dildo merchants). Only Dippers seem well run compared with us.

Back with the manager fiasco, the superleague, then when Nuno was sending us spiralling downwards and the admin looked in disarray, I was creeping over the line towards wanting them gone. They looked like clueless amateurs and us and the footballing community were chastising Levy on a weekly basis. It was really depressing and more than a bit exhausting.

Now? In. No question. The stadium’s properly up and running and finally feels like our palace at last, Levy publically admitted he’d fucked up in the Poch-era so now they’ve got a bloody amazing manager who’s got us in the CL and they’re going all out to back him.

Right this moment, things feel really good. Like fantastic. I love that buzz. If they’re genuine about wanting this to keep gaining momentum and using the funds to make us proper challengers on all fronts once more, then what’s not to like? They know the consequences as well as any if they try and cut corners here on out. The camera’s are on them 24/7 in this day and age and we’re not like some lower level championship team hiding out of site. We’re Spurs and we’re massive.

Good points from both sides of the debate. Very few people get it right every time, and by the same token, few always get it wrong.
All I know is that for the first time in ages, I'm really hopeful and excited for the forthcoming season. It may all end in tears, but I'm choosing to be optimistic, which is probably inviting trouble.
I'm happy flying under the radar with the media, let's hope that when it comes to the business end of the season, we'll have made a lot of so-called experts eat their words.
I think we've been patient enough, let's go and bury the opposition and critics. We need to start believing we can be successful.

Last edited:
We've wanted the bald cunt out!!

But Levy in!! or innish...?

We needed a second striker...we got a very decent second striker with Richarlison
We needed a leftwingback...we got Perisic (old but not that old)
We needed a CM really really bad...we got one of the best CMs out there with Bissouma
We needed RB and now we have a very decent young RB with Spence.
We dont talk about forster. Who cares about forster.

Still need a LCB (cue the wrath of davies worshippers) and and maybe a longer term LWB instead of Perisic but this has been a very decent upgrading of the squad.

So well done to the ones in charge of this window . Feeling very confident about the squad. But then again i felt very confident that Ndombele would be great. :moursad:
Isn’t Lenglet a LCB?

Poch didn't bottle matches yet he's the one who played Son at LWB in the Cup Semi against Chelsea when he had Davies onthe bench then what a shock Son conceded a penalty, then the following year he played Vorm in goal over a fit Lloris then what a shock Vorm concedes a goal in which Lloris would have saved, then on the eve of the CL final he told the whole world and his squad he planned to quit the club and played a half fit Kane in the final and then...

But yea let's blame ENIC shall we...The lie sounds better than the truth though I suppose.

You just know that as soon as Conte leaves, Levy will fuck up the next appointment.

20 years and how many good managers? Most of the decent ones were got in a blind panic because the situation was critical. Jol. Harry.

Remember the chaos over last Summer? Levy is fucking lucky that he was negotiating with Kane's brother over that "contract". The shambles of Nuno. The whole Summer and more to get someone good and we end up with that clown. Not too different from Santini - 10 months to sort something and we end up with an idiot who even the French journos couldn't understand.

Give him some role with NFL or the balance sheet. Keep this footballing eejit as far away from any footballing decisions as possible.

How many good managers have Liverpool had in the last 20 years 1, 2?
How many have Man United had? 1
How many have Woolwich had? 1
How many have have Everton or West Ham or Leicester ?

I won't include Chelsea or Man City for obvious doping reasons.

How many have we had? 3 Redknapp, Poch, Conte

I'd say on the time frame Levy has done alright. Sure we've had duds, who hasn't?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom