England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shows you how much we turned our back on the academy over the last few years.

Next generation we will have some stars coming through.
It's part of the reason why we've been linked to a lot of English players in this age group. Doesn't help that the England players we had in the last group of u21s haven't really worked out (Skipp, Sess, Djed). Does feel like the club have put work in to fix it though going forward.

It's part of the reason why we've been linked to a lot of English players in this age group. Doesn't help that the England players we had in the last group of u21s haven't really worked out (Skipp, Sess, Djed). Does feel like the club have put work in to fix it though going forward.

Moore, Hall, Donley, Dorrington, Devine. At least we have a good dump of them coming now.

Palmer? Foden maybe but I’d rather get both in there somehow, they’re 2 of the 3 best RW’s in the league.
There is no scenario where Saka shouldn't start unfortunately, Woolwich player or not.

Palmer and Foden have both been better players in the RW this season. Not sure that is really up for debate?

Foden can maybe play left but we'd be missing pace. Rashford probably has to play LW to open it up for Kane.

If it's me, this is my front 3:

Foden Kane Rashford

Palmer and Foden have both been better players in the RW this season. Not sure that is really up for debate?

Foden can maybe play left but we'd be missing pace. Rashford probably has to play LW to open it up for Kane.

If it's me, this is my front 3:

Foden Kane Rashford

It’s definitely up for debate. Saka has 20 g/a, Palmer 19. Similar stats on creativity. Palmer more penalties.

Foden’s been the best I think but Palmer has benefited a bit from being big fish in a small pond imo.

It’s definitely up for debate. Saka has 20 g/a, Palmer 19. Similar stats on creativity. Palmer more penalties.

Foden’s been the best I think but Palmer has benefited a bit from being big fish in a small pond imo.
Saka has always played well for England. Lequipe put him in the World Cup team of the tournament, only England player in it.

We're equal with France
Attacking talent is at least as good as France. Much worse goalkeeper and poor defensive depth are the weaknesses. If you had first choice dm, cb and lb out injured for the tournament like France did for the WC then you would be in trouble.

Best England team in my life time though. Equal favourites with France.

Attacking talent is at least as good as France. Much worse goalkeeper and poor defensive depth are the weaknesses. If you had first choice dm, cb and lb out injured for the tournament like France did for the WC then you would be in trouble.

We'd be sort of alright without our first-choice LB as long as one of Chilwell or Shaw were fit. Beyond that yeah, agreed that we lack DM depth and CB depth. I think our first choice centre-backs are better than most but not elite and the drop off is huge after Stones.

Goalkeeper is the most glaring issue. Its our only position where imo we point blank lack a top 4 PL calibre player. Pickford is good but he will stay at an Everton level side unless they get relegated, and then I can only see an upper mid table club going for him.

England have a better attack than France, France have a better defence, midfield is equal.

England have a better attack than France, France have a better defence, midfield is equal.
Agreed. Also goalkeeper for France.

It really is a toss of the coin who wins. It was very close last World Cup but we had half our team missing for the tournament so I felt we were still a level above. I don’t feel that way any more.

Two managers who are quite similar too.

Wednesday July 7 - 9pm. Semifinal. I’ll be pissing my pants.

Mainoo was the best midfielder on the pitch against the Scousers, so deserves a chance. Will also stop Ghana from loitering. Him and Palmer are a big boost going into the Euros on top of what was already a pretty exciting team.

Back
Top Bottom