England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not even just for this break? Sancho hasn't been playing well for a while now and I think it would do no harm to show him his place isn't guaranteed.

I agree that it is a purple patch though, just think the guy comes off very well :p

Pointless though...I think we should be building a team for the future if anything. Andros is 30, he's unlikely to keep up this form and he's unlikely to improve especially since you have so many other good young players who can play in the forward positions who could potentially be in and around the England setup for the next 5-10 years.

The days of just calling players up because they had a hot month are lone gone IMO, we have too many good players now or at least playing at a high level.

Surely Skipp can't be far from Southgate's thoughts.

He loves a DM.

A solid season then yeah I'll reckon he could be in.

The problem is who does he replace, in his positions Phillips and Rice have already locked those positions down and Bellingham is going to be a star, the only player he can feasibly take out is Henderson but I think Southgate will look at Curtis Jones as a possible replacement, that said I don't think he'll drop Henderson anyway because he's a leader.

The problem is who does he replace, in his positions Phillips and Rice have already locked those positions down and Bellingham is going to be a star, the only player he can feasibly take out is Henderson but I think Southgate will look at Curtis Jones as a possible replacement
Southgate would play 6 right backs and 4 defensive midfielders if he could.

The problem is who does he replace, in his positions Phillips and Rice have already locked those positions down and Bellingham is going to be a star, the only player he can feasibly take out is Henderson but I think Southgate will look at Curtis Jones as a possible replacement, that said I don't think he'll drop Henderson anyway because he's a leader.
I think its not about a starting spot. Rice and Philips are attritional players. They will pick up injuries. Henderson will hit a steep decline. Skipp if he keeps improving has a solid chance of taking the understudy spot.

I think its not about a starting spot. Rice and Philips are attritional players. They will pick up injuries. Henderson will hit a steep decline. Skipp if he keeps improving has a solid chance of taking the understudy spot.

I'd bin Henderson off after the WC (if not before).... He's a nothing player for England and just in Bellingham's way.

Rice, Phillips, Belligham, Skipp is a nice little pool for 2 spots.

Skipp at the moment should be nowhere near the England team. Putting him ahead of Henderson right now is madness. He might get there one day though, as long as he keeps playing and keeps improving.

But it's Southgate, so Rice, Phillips and Mount are here to stay for a while yet anyway.

Based on form, Maguire and Mings should be nowhere near. Would have Tomori and White ahead of both. Maguire generally plays a lot better for England to be fair alongside Stones. But still, he's been horrendous this season for United.

I like Emile Smith Rowe in regards to ability but don't think he should get in just yet, though Woolwich fans will be ranting and raving. Needs to do it for a full season.

I don't think Kane should be in it if we're picking on form this season (obviously we're not).

But Maguire, most Utd fans don't think he should be in their side let alone the national side..

Players pulling out already.....

Rashford, Shaw, JWP.... Didn't catch the other names.

Suprise, suprise to see United players in that list............ NOT.

Been disastrously bad this season anyway, so hey ho .. no big loss.

No loss; whereas Chilwell's been in good form and could do with Gary's attention.

.....Just all too typical re Utd though. Meanwhile, a fortnight off at Camp Conte would likely do Kane the world of good.

No loss; whereas Chilwell's been in good form and could do with Gary's attention.

.....Just all too typical re Utd though. Meanwhile, a fortnight off at Camp Conte would likely do Kane the world of good.

It really would. Needs to be building up his fitness, not wasting time playing minnows in Europe. He's absolutely not in the right kind of form to justify a call up either, but Southgate has his favourites .. I understand having faith in players who have proven themselves in the past, but players in such woeful form shouldn't be called up.

It really would. Needs to be building up his fitness, not wasting time playing minnows in Europe. He's absolutely not in the right kind of form to justify a call up either, but Southgate has his favourites .. I understand having faith in players who have proven themselves in the past, but players in such woeful form shouldn't be called up.

Captaincy is a central factor here I think......

Captaincy is a central factor here I think......

Ah yes ... my view is even the captain should be subject to the same treatment, personally. He's not performing at all, and a call up to the NT should be earned. I'm sure the squad could do without their captain for a few games against minnows.

I cannot believe the likes of Coady and Mings are ahead of Tomori?

What is going on? Tomori plays for AC Milan, 2nd team in Serie A?

Is he hurt? Any other reason? Maybe I didn't catch it.

I cannot believe the likes of Coady and Mings are ahead of Tomori?

What is going on? Tomori plays for AC Milan, 2nd team in Serie A?

Is he hurt? Any other reason? Maybe I didn't catch it.

Should be Stones' partner.

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Tomori
Chilwell

Rice
Phillips
Bellingham

Foden
Rashford (if he stays clear of injury)
Wilson

That would be my 11 right now. Wilson has 4 in 5 in a poor Newcastle team and has always done well in an England shirt. Can't include Kane when he's so average for us right now. Abraham and Bamford etc need to do more. Sterling has been fantastic for England over the last few years but needs to start scoring regularly for City again. Rashford is frustrating and seems to pick up loads if niggling injuries but has looked sharp in front of goal since he returned.

Back
Top Bottom