Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I presumed he was more of a classic fullback and therefore good defensively - he isnt

Jury very much still out (I remember walking out of WHL with fans all around me calling for Bale to fuck off to Birmingham years ago) but he doesnt seem to have any particular standout quality

If you look at Emerson’s transfer history, you see he only lasts a year at a club and has a steady increase in fee.

He’s like the employee who keeps getting promoted because each manager is trying to get shot of him.

You know I don't like digging out players. This lad seems nice. But he is terrible. Now the rash reaction will be Doherty but its wrong. Whoever plays RB in the youth setup has to be promoted.
Trust me, you don't want any of our academy rb's. Doubt any will make it at a decent professional grade.

I presumed he was more of a classic fullback and therefore good defensively - he isnt

Jury very much still out (I remember walking out of WHL with fans all around me calling for Bale to fuck off to Birmingham years ago) but he doesnt seem to have any particular standout quality
Anyone with a brain could see Bale had talent. This guy has nothing

Some people thought it would be so easy to get someone better than Trippier. He is still better than all the players we tried to replace him with.

Royal doesn’t have any qualities. He’s slow, he can’t cross, he can’t shoot, he can’t keep his head up when he runs with the ball, he is defensively haphazard, he is no better than a training cone. I couldn’t tell you one thing he does well. Even a player like Doherty at least can make dangerous runs into the box. We have to try something different on the RWB position now.

And yet they used to say it was the easiest position to play on the pitch
I blame Cafu. Time was when you basically always put your worst player at right-back. Then along comes Cafu and everyone sees this monster flying up and down the wing and thinks we need one like that.

They are very hard to find as we're discovering and Emerson is nowhere his Brazilian predecessor.

This guy is so shit, he's got me commenting on this stupid website.

It was obvious from day one that this guy is shit. He's a worse Sanchez. Crap touch, can't dribble, can't pass, can't cross, no positional sense, poor agility, can't read the game. I didn't miss the fact he's also wasted a number of good chances to score headers (e.g. Everton).

Sissoko at RB was better than this cunt.

I'd take any one of Aurier, Trippier, KWP, Foyth, Sissoko over him. Dier played RB a few times under Poch right? Guarantee he's got a better cross on him.

He is so slow with his crosses. He takes his time to control the ball and then does a long, slow wind up for the cross.

Every time I see him receive the ball where a quick cross would give us a huge advantage, I feel like he becomes this guy:

Championship level player.

Absolute fucking disgrace that we pissed away the best part of £30m on him.

Barcelona must have have wet themselves laughing when we came in with that offer. We really are a banter club.

I wonder what it is about him that attracted Paratici in the first place, besides possibly that he was playing for Barcelona. I’m struggling to point out what aspect he’s good at.

So shit man, Kulusevski won't be any better at RWB either, too one-footed and slow. We need a Doherty resurgence

:contefacepalm2:
Resurgence?

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

TBF we bought Doherty b/c he had a breakthrough season at Wolves as a RWB, he was reasonably cheap, and he ticked the ‘Homegrown Player’ box which helps us fit in more foreign players, but then were shocked when he didn’t excel for us as a RB in a back 4.

Now that we’re actually playing with WBs, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe we give him a run of matches.

The most important thing at this point is our final table finish, not developing Emerson.

Back
Top Bottom