Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I seriously doubt that that the two cases have any relationship. The Ilaix business was scuppered by his agents at the last minute (and by-the-by has left the lad wasting a whole year of his career), our interest in Emerson went back to when he was on loan at Betis, at least. That and the fact they play in completely different positions.

It's not like the days when young men purchased jazz mags - Men Only was sold out so you made do with a copy of Knave, which did the job and was a bit cheaper...

I often think that as fans we wildly misjudge how clubs conduct their transfer business - it's like how you see people wondering if our interest in x is actually just a smokescreen for our real target y. I just don't think clubs operate anything like that.
I should of explained better, I am not saying I think Emerson was a random purchase. Just that perhaps we went in harder for him over other options based on knowing how broke Barca were and the fact we were there already for the Ilaix deal.

Speaking to Sky Sports, the footballer born in 1999 joined the other comments of his teammates about the 'Conte' method: "Conte arrived with a truly competitive mentality. It is not a criticism of the previous coach - said Emerson Royal - . He is teaching us to give everything: we are learning what it means to suffer. We know that Conte is very competitive, and suffering is the right way to success ".

I seriously doubt that that the two cases have any relationship. The Ilaix business was scuppered by his agents at the last minute (and by-the-by has left the lad wasting a whole year of his career), our interest in Emerson went back to when he was on loan at Betis, at least. That and the fact they play in completely different positions.

It's not like the days when young men purchased jazz mags - Men Only was sold out so you made do with a copy of Knave, which did the job and was a bit cheaper...

I often think that as fans we wildly misjudge how clubs conduct their transfer business - it's like how you see people wondering if our interest in x is actually just a smokescreen for our real target y. I just don't think clubs operate anything like that.
"Jazz mags...Knave..." seen as you got that time machine how about you give JFK the heads up on Dallas?

...the other comments of his teammates about the 'Conte' method: "Conte arrived with a truly competitive mentality said Emerson Royal. He is teaching us to give everything: we are learning what it means to suffer. We know that Conte is very competitive, and suffering is the right way to success ".
How can you not love to hear that? :deledoubt:

That's not good. He and Gil both missed Norwich due to illness so they might be two of the players.

Thanks, Toney.

Speaking to Sky Sports, the footballer born in 1999 joined the other comments of his teammates about the 'Conte' method: "Conte arrived with a truly competitive mentality. It is not a criticism of the previous coach - said Emerson Royal - . He is teaching us to give everything: we are learning what it means to suffer. We know that Conte is very competitive, and suffering is the right way to success ".
Its unreal that they have to be thought to give everything 🤔

That's not good. He and Gil both missed Norwich due to illness so they might be two of the players.

Thanks, Toney.

That doesn't add up.....

If they pulled out ill they wouldn't have had any contact with Toney before the match.

They will have enough players to play the Rennes game apparently...which doesn't mean much as you only need to have 13 players available. If it gets worse the Brighton game might get postponed...

He’s looked atrocious since the moment he stepped on the pitch.

Offers nothing, can’t cross, can’t dribble, can’t defend. His biomechanics just look wrong , geezer doesn’t even move like a footballer.

Best thing he’s done is get kicked by Robertson.

Seen enough and he's not good enough, sorry.

Happy to be called a knee jerker, players deserve time but you can nearly always see when a player has quality but is struggling to settle in. He just looks like he possesses almost none of the attributes required to be an attacking wing back in this system, it just won't happen. Technically he is a total mess and he's erratic as hell too.

I await being proven completely wrong, but don't think for one second I will be.

Back
Top Bottom