Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was not just the Zaha factor, his positioning and awareness for last two goals is way off. Hope we didn't just choose him over others because of Barca's financial problems. Particularly as we were already in talks for their 18 year old midfielder.

Really poor debut. Hes a young player getting thrown in at the deep end though. Against an experienced premier league winger like Zaha.

Hopefully able to put it behind him and show he is good enough. Midweek game can start that.

I have to say he had a few opportunities to run into space and take on his man and turned them all down. It was worse that Tanganga playing RB who also doesn't get forward. At least Japh can defend.

I think we are starting to develop a curse buying RBs. Early days so let's see but he really needs to show more going forward otherwise we might as well play Japh there when he is available.

Japh Romero Dier/Rodon Reguilon

One of the worst debuts I have ever seen.
But I don't blame this boy-I blame Nuno.
Absolutely dumb to start him against Zaha.
I agree that debut was awful.
But let's not write him off fully. He only had short time to train with the team.

But absolutely disagreed regarding Zaha.
He is no prime Ronaldo. He is danger man of bottom half EPL side. If he can't do it against him, he is no Spurs quality.

I agree that debut was awful.
But let's not write him off fully. He only had short time to train with the team.

But absolutely disagreed regarding Zaha.
He is no prime Ronaldo. He is danger man of bottom half EPL side. If he can't do it against him, he is no Spurs quality.
Bottom half danger man pulled Royal's pants down and smacked his bum as he has done to many FBs in the EPL. Nuno should not have debuted Royal v Zaha.

Was far from our worst player, not a terrible debut up against Zaha in an intimidating atmosphere with the ref giving them everything.
Can only remember Zaha mugging him off the once when he was a bit over eager to get the ball and got spun.

Maybe a 6.5 out of 10 for me.

I have to say he had a few opportunities to run into space and take on his man and turned them all down. It was worse that Tanganga playing RB who also doesn't get forward. At least Japh can defend.

I think we are starting to develop a curse buying RBs. Early days so let's see but he really needs to show more going forward otherwise we might as well play Japh there when he is available.

Japh Romero Dier/Rodon Reguilon
Emerson has never been a player who'll take on his man with the ball. Much like Doherty, we've brought in a guy to play right back and not given him the conditions to bed himself in easily. Emerson's best attacking comes from one-two plays with midfielders-wingers who come inside and offer him the passing option. Also good at attacking space behind opposition full back with strong runs. He made three in the first half but Winks/Skipp played a ball backwards instead of trying to pick him out. But he doesn't have the take-off speed to run at players one-v-one.

Poor performance from him overall though, he didn't use the ball well at all.

Once?!
Are you having a bubble?
Yeah its all one big fucking bubble getting raped 3-0 by Palace I'm loving it me.....

Iron Man Reaction GIF

Would you rather I be slating a player after one game against the one of the premier leagues trickiest wingers?

He wasn't that bad, I gave a 6.5 not a 10

Jesus H Christ

Back
Top Bottom