Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There’s footage of his first sessions on Insta , he looks faster than I anticipated and has good positive energy about him , head is always up. Also I hadn’t considered that Dier will also be able to communicate with him in defense in Portuguese and of course Lucas, Nuno and the staff.

If a player is pointing where to pass what they mean is don’t pass to me ultimate lack of responsibility - trippier is a master at it

Players point for a number of reasons..... It needn't equate the 'hiding'.

BBC says ... "He enjoys getting forward, although there have been questions about the defensive side of his game."

So he is definitely a Spurs full back.
His stats suggest the opposite- he's good defensively in one on ones but limited going forward. Basically wan-bissaka.

We will see.

Not sure why you would have preferred Tomiyasu because he's a completely different style of defender. Tomiyasu is basically Tanganga. Emerson is an actual RB.

But knowing you and your posting history, if we'd signed Tomiyasu, you would've said you would have preferred Emerson.

:llorishowudoin:
Not at all. We need defenders , I'm just not sure about him as I said.
I've never heard of him and as you seem to be saying he is not as good a defender as Tomiyasu.
Time will tell if we bought the right one

There’s footage of his first sessions on Insta , he looks faster than I anticipated and has good positive energy about him , head is always up. Also I hadn’t considered that Dier will also be able to communicate with him in defense in Portuguese and of course Lucas, Nuno and the staff.

Dier is fucking useful with his language abilities

If a player is pointing where to pass what they mean is don’t pass to me ultimate lack of responsibility - trippier is a master at it

This wasn't like that at all, he was conducting, but was asking for the ball into himself very often in ridiculously tight situations. He just got absorbed in the flow of the game a little to much and exerting his influence upon it (think next summer the team will be built around him), rather than using mental time to recover, empty thought, not over strain adrenals, blow out as he did.

Back
Top Bottom