Dortmund v Spurs- Ropey League Last 16.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where?
Westfalenstadion.

Westfalenstadion born and raised....
the-fresh-prince-of-Bel-Air.jpg

Two poor results on the bounce. We've won two game in our last six games since we had that glorious night in Manchester.

Knocked out of the FA Cup in the process but in that time we have made it through to the last 16 of this European competition where we meet one of the best teams in Europe right now in Dortmund.

Let's put these two past London derby results behind us and push on. I wouldn't mind seeing some rotation for this one but stay relatively strong.

Lloris
Trippier - Alderweireld - Wimmer - Davies
Dier - Dembele
Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli
Kane
Full backs come back in as they tend to do in this rotation. Dier and Dembele to start central midfield, if we're going to progress in this tournament this away tie is going to be the important one. I'd bring Chadli in for Alli who didn't look fully fit today. Lamela has to start considering he's our top goalscorer in the competition and seems to flourish under the lights.

This will be a good test for our players with the heights of the Champions League potentially on the horizon. Dortmund will be there next season and we may even end up in the same group as them. They will go strong for this, perhaps rotating one or two but their big guys in Reus, Aubamayeng, Mhkitaryan will all be starting so we'll have to be alert.

--

Where?
Westfalenstadion.
81,000+ capacty.
Dortmund have lost 1 game there all season, 0-1 to PAOK in the group stages.
71 goals scored by them at home in all competitions.

When?
10th March 2016
Live on BT Sports
18:00 KO

Prediction?
2-1 loss.
Lamela getting the all important away goal to take back to WHL
Stop pretending you're Spurs, you tragic lying wanker - at least own up for once in your pathetic life and admit what you did.

Neither of them looked as ruthless as they can be. Quite surprised considering that a win for Dortmund in front of their home fans would have put them just 2 points behind Bayern Munich with momentum in their favour.
I'm sure they were saving their energy for the real big match against us.

Totti cheated his way through it, got find out, and since then has refused to acknowledge it at all. Instead of owning up and being a man about it, he just pretends it hasn't happened and ignores any posts about it. Shameful and arrogant tosser.

And so soon after we drop points against the scum he is sitting here writing his long match thread, trying to convince us all he's been supporting Spurs all his life. He came onto this forum as a Roma fan with a side interest in Spurs. Now he loves Spurs and is so affected by a game against the scum that he's polishing his nob on his next football manager thread already.
FOUND OUT

Welcome to Dortmund,

for those, who will come to the game, here some informations from Dortmund The away supporters normally meet in the pub , called Alter Markt (=old market). It´s the central place of the town, near the Church Reinoldi Kirche, everybody knows that, there are as well several good pubs on the way to the ground, one of the most traditional is the “Semmler” (Hohe Straße) , only just one mile away from the ground, the home base of our supporters club.

If you have a ticket you can use the tube to the ground for free.

So enjoy the game and the beer.

he's a goalkeeper. they don't need resting.

Perhaps not but they need focusing occasionally and I think this applies to Hugo as I honestly believe he cd have done better with 2 out of the last 3 goals we have conceded

However not a fan of Vorm either but maybe he needs more game time

Coco came about because his younger brother couldn't pronounce his name when learning to speak. Kept calling him coco.

I don't know but isn't "Coco " a generic Argentinian name for the most skilled player in the side?

Or is it because he's addicted to pain killers and has been shortened from co-codamol?

:lamelashock:

I have a feeling we'll be able to focus all our energies on the league soon. Dortmund are such a good team, on form and we'll do brilliantly to win this tie.

I would be hugely disappointed not to progress further in the EL as I believe we can win it (more so if we get past the favourites) but I have that nagging feeling that it could well do our title chances, slim though they may be, the world of good.

Villa is a bigger game than Dortmund in the grand scheme of things
This seems to be the general feeling in this thread.

Everyone - ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING?

We've drawn Borussia Dortmund, a tie that wouldn't look amiss in the Champions League, and we're all requesting Poch send over a team full of kids because we've got a tragic Villa side on Sunday?

What do you think happens when we're in the Champions League next season? Rest our first team against Juventus on Wednesday because we've got a big game against Norwich on the Saturday?

Get a fucking grip. This is a huge game, probably our biggest of the season, and one of the biggest in our recent history, it's our chance to really prove we can cut it against some of the finest in Europe. And you want to throw the game?

I'm honestly astounded.

Small time attitudes like that have held this club back for too long.

I'm not getting into this rotation, resting, fatigue argument again. It's happened too many times. Modern football, people. ALL top clubs play a lot of games. You think Kane is sitting at home hoping he doesn't get selected against Dortmund because he's played 35 games this season? No. I bet he's chomping at the fucking bit to get on that pitch.

Professional sportsmen, at the peak of psychical condition, with the best medical, fitness and nutritional staff around them 24/7. But no no, we all know better. Eriksen couldn't possibly run around for 90 minutes on Thursday having played lunch time on Saturday.

Fuck sake.

I'm with Millbanks, we need to go in balls deep on Thursday. The elation and atmosphere at WHL when we beat Fiorentena 4-1 on aggregate in the last round was fantastic. I want more of this please.

Get used to it guys, we will be in the CL next year!!

[formation=4231, Hugo, Walker, Toby, Wimmer, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Son, Kane][/formation]

I don't want to see the likes of Onomah, Winks or CCV anywhere near our starting line-up for this one.

Back
Top Bottom