Do you acknowledge other Spurs fans?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was in a charity shop in Romford this afternoon, and noticed that an old boy had a Spurs badge on his jacket. So I started a conversation with him. He had been a supporter for 70+ years and remembers the push 'n run side, he recited the whole team. Came from the East End originally, in fact lived behind Cambridge Heath station, where I lived the other side of the station. He has been to the new stadium three times so far. He gave me his badge, to bring us luck, shame it didn't work his time, but will wear it for the rest of the season. We must have chatted for a good half hour.
He's going to be 90 this year. Hope I'm as sprightly at 90 as he is.
It's people like this that restore my faith in mankind.

Your story reminded me of being in Barclay Park in Hoddesdon watching the Cricket when i was about 11, so round about 1979. Got talking to this old boy who was with his Dog,he was out of Tottenham originally but had moved out after the war..He remembered the 1921 cup winning side( i initially thought he was talking about the 61 side),he told me was 10 at the time "and the whole team cost £10".He hadn't been to football for years as there was "too much money in it these days".He stuck to Cricket and low non league football. God knows what he would think if he was still around today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom