Do you acknowledge other Spurs fans?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty much the opposite of the thread question (and I’ve probably mentioned it on here before), but me and a fellow Spurs fan I work with were stood outside on a break when this guy approached us.

He was wearing a Gooner hat, and neither of us had any indication that we were Spurs fans. He asked for directions to the station and we both instinctively pointed in the exact opposite direction.

:sonpoint:
I like the story of the bloke that gave an Woolwich supporting tourist, directions to Woolwich Arse*** when asking how to get to the Emirates.

Last edited:
Can't help mate, I'm 6.7 miles from the border. More Canary than Tractor.

The funniest rivalry in football! So far apart and never really on level terms footballing wise.

Although it was fun to hear the Ipswich 'die hard' sing along last tuesday.

The funniest rivalry in football! So far apart and never really on level terms footballing wise.

Although it was fun to hear the Ipswich 'die hard' sing along last tuesday.
Yeah, I'm not sure how you can call 47 miles apart a derby. It's further than Palace to Brighton!

Yeah, I'm not sure how you can call 47 miles apart a derby. It's further than Palace to Brighton!
Isn't it more that each team is effectively the team for their county rather than just for their town/city? Grow up anywhere in Norfolk and support Norwich, grow up anywhere in Suffolk and support Ipswich. Closest rivals, long border area between the two counties where the two supporter bases meet. All other East Anglian teams much smaller and less supported. It's weird, but understandable given the geography.

Isn't it more that each team is effectively the team for their county rather than just for their town/city? Grow up anywhere in Norfolk and support Norwich, grow up anywhere in Suffolk and support Ipswich. Closest rivals, long border area between the two counties where the two supporter bases meet. All other East Anglian teams much smaller and less supported. It's weird, but understandable given the geography.

yeh it is the case.. county rivals.But it is not shared with Cambridgeshire or Essex which is quite odd.

Whisper it quietly but Norwich trumps Ipswich as a location hands down. Better shops, restaurants and nightlife.

If I see Spurs fans in London, I will just give it a COYS. Outside London, will generally go and talk to. Outside England, 100% will go up to and talk to. The only thing I find is that some overseas Spurs fans are fantastically knowledgeable about Spurs and football tactics, I find it a bit intimidating.

Back
Top Bottom