Dirty Leeds! FA cup (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's quite a big difference being allowed to run at people from a wide starting position and having to turn and start from a stand still. We see in patches what he can do when he is allowed to get on the ball as he did at fulham, and he does well then

He has turned and ran the Leeds defence a number of times. And wasted each opportunity. The finish hasn't been there. Or his first touch has been woeful. Until he starts slotting these kind of chances away on a regular basis or creating actual chances for his team mates then he still has a massive amount to prove.

How is Carroll not even on the bench today? I'm very disappointed about that. I think he would be doing much better than Hudd right now. Hudd is completely useless unless he is on the ball picking a pass.

It's only been 45 minutes, during which we've been in almost complete control. Not convinced that's enough evidence to justify calling pretty much the entire team shite.

Keep the fucking faith.

How is Carroll not even on the bench today? I'm very disappointed about that. I think he would be doing much better than Hudd right now. Hudd is completely useless unless he is on the ball picking a pass.

I disagree with you here, he has been back in the box clearing the ball on a few occasions, and he hasn't been the lead weight in the centre of the park that some would make out. He has been pretty mobile today. Watch him rustle the net in the second half :hudd:

funny-gif-man-jump-out-the-window.gif

I see the Fighting Cock server decided to put in as much effort as the squad did in Leeds today.

Fuck it. This may have been a good thing. Might actually push some signings along.

I'm not especially pissed off we got knocked out. I'm more annoyed we played badly, and looked like we didn't care. I hate that more than anything.

Its obvious where the holes are in the team, lets plug 'em before we lose sight of the CL spots - the key objective this season.

Fuck it. This may have been a good thing. Might actually push some signings along.

I'm not especially pissed off we got knocked out. I'm more annoyed we played badly, and looked like we didn't care. I hate that more than anything.

Its obvious where the holes are in the team, lets plug 'em before we lose sight of the CL spots - the key objective this season.

We did look really awful didn't we. Some really lazy performances, and Friedel looked to have aged about 50 years in 3 months.

Worst performance by JV since joined. Not playing Dawson was an error in my opinion. He'd have revelled in a game like this.

Just as I though gylfi was starting to show something he puts in another Conpletely wet performance. Why of why did we not just use the money spent on him towards a frigging striker?

Gutted we are out, it's a small club mentality to say we can better focus on the league now. We normally get far in the FA cup and Leeds are not the sort of team we should be going out too.

I am hearing a lot about players that should or shouldn't have played but lets be honest the 11 that were out there are good enough, it's about the system rather than the personnel. Surprised we didn't see further changes.

I also don't think we were that bad, Leeds were pretty useless apart from the long pass they kept hitting past our high defensive line. It's a gap we should have plugged by either dropping a few yards or applying more pressure on the pass.

Obika had a great chance but the defender got the better of him, hitting that ball first time would have taken some skill. Dempsey was ok upfront, he got a goal and created a couple chances, worked the channels well too.

Perhaps a little controversial but I think Scott Parker is a weak point, for all his closing down and super runs through the middle the guy can barely pass. Too many times he gets in a decent position and just hasn't got the ability to play the final ball. Not saying he is a bad player but he can be the weak link in our attacking moves.

How many games has Lennon started this season? Relying on him too much, Bale has had a few games off due to injury/suspension but again every one wants a striker, a no10 but we need cover on the wing if Townsend is not considered good enough.

Back
Top Bottom