Dirty Leeds! FA cup (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Friedel
Naughton - Gallas - Caulker - BAE
Parker - Carroll
Townsend - Gylfi - Bale
Obika
I feel like Dempsey will get a lot of starts in the second half of the year so I hope he comes off the bench as a sub, not a fan of him playing up front alone. I'd like to see Obika get a run out there to see how well he does. Also, I think Carroll should play instead of Hudd. This is the type of game I could see him dominate with his passing. Pairing him up with Parker should be a great pairing in my opinion.

Friedel
Naughton - Gallas - Caulker - BAE
Parker - Carroll
Townsend - Gylfi - Bale
Obika
I feel like Dempsey will get a lot of starts in the second half of the year so I hope he comes off the bench as a sub, not a fan of him playing up front alone. I'd like to see Obika get a run out there to see how well he does. Also, I think Carroll should play instead of Hudd. This is the type of game I could see him dominate with his passing. Pairing him up with Parker should be a great pairing in my opinion.
that team with one starting change. From what I have seen of both Townsend and Pritchard I rate the latter higher regardless of the formers experience and would like to see him get a start.

I assume you know that Leeds Castle is in Kent and is 248 miles from Leeds in Yorkshire where the match is taking place.

No I didn't. Thank you.

*I have never been to Leeds...their gardens are probably shit.

The_more_you_know.gif

that team with one starting change. From what I have seen of both Townsend and Pritchard I rate the latter higher regardless of the formers experience and would like to see him get a start.
Yea I could definitely go for Pritchard over Townsend. That kid looks like he's going to be a star so if playing him keeps him here I'm all for it.

One thing that has annoyed me in recent years has been how the 1st choice team often underperforms against lower level teams.

I genuinely believe our youngsters are good enough to take on Leeds and win. It's likely it'll be a near enough first team back 5 (including Friedel, Naughton & Caulker who won't start against Norwich) so this will allow us to be more experimental in the rest of the team.

In terms of Livermore, I feel he's somewhat underrated on this forum but its worth remembering that he was a regular last season.

One thing that has annoyed me in recent years has been how the 1st choice team often underperforms against lower level teams.

I genuinely believe our youngsters are good enough to take on Leeds and win. It's likely it'll be a near enough first team back 5 (including Friedel, Naughton & Caulker who won't start against Norwich) so this will allow us to be more experimental in the rest of the team.

In terms of Livermore, I feel he's somewhat underrated on this forum but its worth remembering that he was a regular last season.
I don't rate Livermore. He has never impressed me when he has played. He's not particularly good at anything and thus, doesn't bring much to the team. He also looked horrible at the beginning of the season. As far as center mids go, I'd put him behind Dembele, Parker, Sandro (may he recover quickly), Hudd, and Carroll. I don't think he'll ever be good enough to play for us.

Play a strong team, win the game in 60 minutes and then relax. This won't be an easy game by any means, they fell apart a bit against Chelsea but more than held their own against them for an hour. We haven't had a game for a week either so the players should be fresh.

I want to win this thing and not go out half-heartedly to a team from a division below us because we wanted to 'experiment'.

Think we can't underestimate playing away at theirs, they're pushing for the playoffs but I still reckon they'll be up for it. Anyway I don't think AVB will play a squad side.

Can only see us playing a near full strength team just like Coventry. Siggy and Thuddlestone coming in. Agree with not wanting to go up there and find I'm watching a huddlestone Livermore midfield. I think Naughton isn't a bad player, IMO could be as good as Walker when reverted back to RB. Want to see benny back for good!

We won't play a weak squad. I would guess we are unchanged from United except Friedel and maybe some back 4 change up like BAE and Gallas in and Naughton at RB.

Think the front six will be the same but I hope we can get Dembele some rest.

Back
Top Bottom