Director of Football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pure coincidence that confirmation on Paratici leaving happens at the same time as Bagelsmum pulling out of Chavs negotiations???

Almost like he wanted to be working with a specific DOF and suddenly that became possible at one of the clubs but not the other....

Pure coincidence that confirmation on Paratici leaving happens at the same time as Bagelsmum pulling out of Chavs negotiations???

Almost like he wanted to be working with a specific DOF and suddenly that became possible at one of the clubs but not the other....

I want this to be true, but it's a long way from being likely........

Perhaps if we'd just employed said new DOF, but JN is not gonna 'reserve' himself for us on the pre-emptive basis of a DOF that is yet to appear on our horizon.

Not sure I like this one bit.

He had a great spell at Sevilla but he was disastrous at Roma and hasn't been much better since he returned to Sevilla

Levy, Monchi and Slot, save with a bulk discount on head polish

Don't forget Allan Dixon and Gretar Steinsson

7dyuwcgse8h81.jpg

Tottenham Baldspur

Not sure I like this one bit.

He had a great spell at Sevilla but he was disastrous at Roma and hasn't been much better since he returned to Sevilla

Monchi was the guy everyone wanted in his first Sevilla spell.

He’s known for success on a shoestring budget and being willing to sell anyone…

He’s fallen out of the limelight recently but did recently take Paratici to school with the Gil/Lamela deal.

That deal is what’s worrying about him imo. Being able to see there is still value in Lamela for La Liga as an older player at the other end of his career is one thing. In the Prem you need to find young athletes at the other end of their careers.

Seems weird to me that we appoint a DoF to help appoint a manager. Surely we appoint a manager and he has a say in who he wants to be his helper. Or am I wrong ???

Usually DOF oversees the whole football philosophy from youth and first team recruitment to fit a style or range of styles and chooses managers to fit that style.

Is my take at least.

We are different in that Levy has always been the boss of everyone and deciding everything

Seems weird to me that we appoint a DoF to help appoint a manager. Surely we appoint a manager and he has a say in who he wants to be his helper. Or am I wrong ???

In theory the DoF sits above the manager. He sets the football philosophy of the club from senior to youth, he appoints the manager and if the manager is sacked or leaves appoints a new manager with a similar style to the old one (see how Brighton are run).

This creates continuity in the management, scouting, youth development to achieve maximum potential. This model is easier without big name managers like Klopp or Pep or Conte who obviously would overpower a DoF.

As we have no DoF and as we might be getting a very big name manager in Naglesmann it probably makes sense to get a DoF who Naglesmann can work with and shares his football ideas. If we get say Slot then he isn’t of the same name however the next DoF should share ideas about football that are ‘’progressive’’ and fit the nature of the club. No more pragmatists like Paratici.

Back
Top Bottom