Dinamo Zagreb Vs Tottenham, Thurs 18th March 5:55pm KO - Live on BT Sport.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is up with this terrible strategy of not attacking but also not really defending compactly? It's like there's nobody far enough forward to attack properly but just enough room in behind to still leak goals. If they're trying to counter, where are the pacy runners in behind? And how the hell is Kane supposed to get the ball if everyone behind him is booting it into an opposing half for him to challenge four defenders? I'm not a tactics guy at all but even I can see that this "strategy" has failed repeatedly and is never likely to be successful either.

What is up with this terrible strategy of not attacking but also not really defending compactly? It's like there's nobody far enough forward to attack properly but just enough room in behind to still leak goals. If they're trying to counter, where are the pacy runners in behind? And how the hell is Kane supposed to get the ball if everyone behind him is booting it into an opposing half for him to challenge four defenders? I'm not a tactics guy at all but even I can see that this "strategy" has failed repeatedly and is never likely to be successful either.
That's what happens when you still have Sissoko on the pitch. He's the hole where football goes to die.

Back
Top Bottom