Dinamo Tbilisi Home Leg - Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Using the seedings in my post, the group I want is:

Maccabi Haifa
St Etienne
Estoril

Fairly easy group, and the distances travelled wouldn't be too long.

Nightmare group is:

Besiktas / Lazio
Anzhi
Shakhtar Karagandy

Pot 4 looks very weak, so really it's all about avoiding distance there. Anzhi is the worst possibility in Pot 3 by some distance. In Pot 2, Lazio for the difficulty, or Besiktas for the distance.

Maccabi Haifa
St Etienne
Estoril

Nightmare group is:

Besiktas / Lazio
Anzhi
Shakhtar Karagandy

Pot 4 looks very weak, so really it's all about avoiding distance there. Anzhi is the worst possibility in Pot 3 by some distance. In Pot 2, Lazio for the difficulty, or Besiktas for the distance.
At least Anzhi won't be much on the pitch, they'll need half a season just to get their heads right.

Hoping for some decent away trips in the groups.

Real Betis pot 2, Portuguese side from pot 3, nearly any from 4.

Maccabi Haifa
St Etienne
Estoril

Nightmare group is:

Besiktas / Lazio
Anzhi
Shakhtar Karagandy

Turkey is hard "for the distance" but Israel isn't?

Maccabi Haifa
St Etienne
Estoril

Nightmare group is:

Besiktas / Lazio
Anzhi
Shakhtar Karagandy

Anything but Haifa, can't go out there with a spurs shirt while being a supporter of Haifa too :avbshock:

Didn't see the game...
Any good summary of the match would be really nice.
Who was bright and who was dull?
Thanks

Dull? Ummm the back 4 plus Uncle Brad who basically sat there for the entire match with naff all to do. So much so that Kaboul decided on two occasions to try his arm at being a right winger (pretty successfully too).

Holtby worked his arse off, was a bit too cute at times but certainly seems to be getting back to the Holtby we signed rather than the Holtby being used in a role that he isn't accustomed too.

Holtby's performance (and superb goal) stole the limelight from Carroll who did everything effortlessly.

Hard to be critical of anyone. Gylfi was his usual unlucky self and kept getting into positions where he and Defoe were almost tripping over themselves at times. Other than that though it was a very measured and professional performance and should give AVB a few things to think about for Sunday in terms of selection

Last edited:
Didn't see the game...
Any good summary of the match would be really nice.
Who was bright and who was dull?
Thanks
I was there it was really good to see Sandro, Kaboul and Holtby back playing. All were v good but the opposition was pretty dire tbh. Townsend was v busy in the first half but again a bit wasteful with his shooting. More accuracy needed. Wasn't totally convinced by Fryers especially positionally (on at half time) but he's young and he improved as he got into the game. Also not crazy about Siggurdsson. Against weak opposition you'd expect a bit more tbh. Anyone else at or have any opinions ?

Anyone mentioned that Defoe is now our 6th highest goalscorer of all time with 135 goals?

He's also 2nd on the European scoring list after Chivers!

Back
Top Bottom