Dinamo Tbilisi Home Leg - Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

iHr3e9Xqadgwc.gif

The only negative about having Lloris as out number one, means I completely shit myself when I see Freidel's name selected. I think I would rather see Gommes ahead of Freidel. Our team is looking more and more accomplished with our high-line and that all goes to shit when Freidel is between the sticks. Am I being unfair?

Am gonna be unpopular as I know he's revered on here but I got to criticise Defoe.

Was behind the goal in the Paxton end so only really saw this in the 2nd half but there were several times when he was chastising Kane, Carroll and Fryers for not passing to him (or directly to his feet). The amount of times he was rolling his eyes, head pointing to the sky and point at his feet was poor IMHO. As a senior player I'd expect him to be more supportive of those 3 yoof players.

The irony of it was, the majority of times (more so with Carroll and Fryers than Kane) the pass/cross was actually in to the ideal place for an intelligent striker to head to and it was Defoe's 'fault' for not being there.

Just an observation....

The only negative about having Lloris as out number one, means I completely shit myself when I see Freidel's name selected. I think I would rather see Gommes ahead of Freidel. Our team is looking more and more accomplished with our high-line and that all goes to shit when Freidel is between the sticks. Am I being unfair?

Nope. You're completely spot on as far as I'm concerned, I've raised this concern myself recently. An injury to Lloris could seriously fuck up everything!!

Not sure how the injury situation is with some of the players, but if this XI are available, this is how I would start the game on Thursday.

Freidel

Naughton -- Dawson -- Kaboul -- Fryers

Sandro -- Carroll

Lennon -- Holtby -- Siggurdsson

Defoe

Although if Bale was still available, I'd probably start him in place of Lennon.

And possibility to give some time to Coulthirst, Stewart & Veljkovic from the bench.

Probably only three players playing tonight that will start in the NLD (Walker, Vertonghen, and Townsend). Not too worried about it. Just the new reality of our incredible squad depth.

Back
Top Bottom