Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am not saying there wasn't reasons for him to not have a great season
There were reasons for different players on why they were not great and i definitely think this extra bit of competition now will be good for him
I just don't know how we as supporters can claim he was good last season where someone like trippier was shit
I don’t think we are , are we

I pretty sure the general consensus is he didn’t have a good season

There were reasons for different players on why they were not great and i definitely think this extra bit of competition now will be good for him
I just don't know how we as supporters can claim he was good last season where someone like trippier was shit

I remember the days when I was genuinely worried that Barca were going to bid 100M and he’d be gone.

People trying to claim he hasn’t regressed, simply moved position...

:pochfacepalm:

I think what you might be missing is that trippier played most games and was poor and costly

So he got called out for it

Dele just never got going. And so had either average games or was injured

Trippier was simply below the standard he set prior

I think that World Cup fucked trippier. He looked knackered and he’s either a bit of a perve or that groin injury never quite settled

I remember the days when I was genuinely worried that Barca were going to bid 100M and he’d be gone.

People trying to claim he hasn’t regressed, simply moved position...

Another aspect not too many picked up on was dele was always given the central spot of the forward 3. Off Kane

Due to Eriksens rise. He got the choice central role

It effected dele more than maybe even he might care to admit

I like dele a lot. I just want to see him keep drifting into the box. Not deeper and the goals will come

The consensus constantly changes from “he wasn’t poor” to “he was poor because....”
Ok I haven’t kept up

I think to my mind it’s reasonably clear he was not firing on all cylinders last season and maybe I assumed it wasn’t for debate

He’s got a reasonably unique skill set and I don’t think he’s become a bad player. Thing is... he’s injured again so.....

I know he did he had a very poor season but so did lots of other players but it seemed like it was easier to single him out.

Rightfully so or not, I've just explained why. That's all my post was intended to do.

There is no way anyone can say trippier was shit last season but alli was good

I haven't, so please spare me the straw-man.

Last edited:
Trippiers two injuries in the season didn’t matter

His World Cup didn’t affect him regarding fatigue like it did the others

His injury during the World Cup meant nothing

His crosses were punts

Every goal was his fault

His 3 PL assists (same amount as Wan bissaka and Dele) in his worst career season we’re just punts into the box

He’s Champo and Atletico are no better than QPR and haven’t won anything

The consensus constantly changes from “he wasn’t poor” to “he was poor because....”

Mate, There are lots of differing takes on things... That's not a "concensus"... You're not gonna win a debate by lumping all opinions together and calling the collective contradictory.

Alli needs to return to the squad only when fully fit.

Then we need him to return to being in the positions that allow him to use that instinctive brilliance.

What he and we must avoid is the belief that he will just return to form.

It has to be this season or we need to consider a separation, assuming of course there is a club who would pay the money for him.

Beginning to forget what he gives us.

Last edited:
True but there is no way i can say he was good last season but the same can be said about alot of players
It does seem last season people like trippier got slaughtered where other players who had equally poor games got a free pass
Tripper was shit though, on an epic scale. The other thing is I've been saying Tripps is shit from almost the moment he signed for us, it only took for last seasons shit show for other people to rub the shit out of their eyes and realise this, but oddly enough it still didn't stop them wanking over assist stats against Hull and Watford whilst still slagging off Walker as some kind of comfort blanket.

Dele is one of the Worlds top 5 U23 players. He gets all the headlines when he plays pushed on because people are fixated on top trumps football, assists and goals. Dele, also happened to play really well at CM but because he didn't score or assist as much people say he's "crap". or had a poor season.

People ripping into Sissoko when he first played for us were largely judging him as an AM (this is who they thought we had signed) but he was played many times as a DM/CM.

Judge the role they've been asked to play in conjunction with whether they can kick a ball or not.

Dele, also happened to play really well at CM but because he didn't score or assist as much people say he's "crap". or had a poor season.

People ripping into Sissoko when he first played for us were largely judging him as an AM (this is who they thought we had signed) but he was played many times as a DM/CM.

Well that’s funny because in our debate I’ve mentioned Dier twice, and the fact I think he could do a better job than Dele in CM.
Hardly an assist and goal machine.....

Neither is Sissoko, who for me was our player of the season. I’ve also rated Sissoko since his first season here. So not really about the stats is it.

I’m not the one posting “stat bombs” to “prove” Dele was good. That was you, so your post is fairly absurd.

I’d play Skipp ahead of Dele in CM. And Winks. and Wanyama. How many assists and goals have they got?

So it’s not because Dele didn’t score and assist from CM, it was because he was crap.
Which is why everyone, yourself included, wants him moved form there this season.

Tripper was shit though, on an epic scale. The other thing is I've been saying Tripps is shit from almost the moment he signed for us, it only took for last seasons shit show for other people to rub the shit out of their eyes and realise this, but oddly enough it still didn't stop them wanking over assist stats against Hull and Watford whilst still slagging off Walker as some kind of comfort blanket.

Dele is one of the Worlds top 5 U23 players. He gets all the headlines when he plays pushed on because people are fixated on top trumps football, assists and goals. Dele, also happened to play really well at CM but because he didn't score or assist as much people say he's "crap". or had a poor season.

Judge the role they've been asked to play in conjunction with whether they can kick a ball or not.
If trippier was such a shit footballer he would not of been signed by athletico madrid

We will agree to disagree about alli last season

I also never got ripped into Sissoko or thought he was shit

People think that he plays in the same position as previous.

Have you morphed into Arcspace?

Show me one poster who isn’t aware Dele moved to CM in some games.

I’ve said he was crap in CM. You have been arguing that he was good in CM since yesterday.

So you you can’t even believe what you are writing yourself.

You posted a stat bomb of him 2017 and 2018 to which I replied “that just compares Dele in CM to Dele at AM”

You’re not making any sense, but I think you know that

Have you morphed into Arcspace?

Show me one poster who isn’t aware Dele moved to CM in some games.

I’ve said he was crap in CM. You have been arguing that he was good in CM since yesterday.

So you you can’t even believe what you are writing yourself.

You posted a stat bomb of him 2017 and 2018 to which I replied “that just compares Dele in CM to Dele at AM”

You’re not making any sense, but I think you know that
I've been saying he was good at CM ALL SEASON LONG mate. It's all in the threads if you wish to waste your life and go through them, both in his thread and match threads. My stance is utterly unchanged. He's a great CM and a great AM (that's what the statsbomb attachemnt showed). I think he's a better AM than CM.

Any stats on players under 24?

All of those players are under 24. (Unless you mean 24 and under).

In that case:

Raheem Sterling - 91
Divock Origi - 23
Georges-Kevin N'Koudou - 1

These are the only players who have played in the Premier League over the same period of time as Leroy Sane who didn't join the league until the 16/17 season (despite these stats being from 15/16 so Dele had a year head start) and are 24 years old or under.

Back
Top Bottom