Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All of those players are under 24. (Unless you mean 24 and under).

In that case:

Raheem Sterling - 91
Divock Origi - 23
Georges-Kevin N'Koudou - 1

These are the only players who have played in the Premier League over the same period of time as Leroy Sane who didn't join the league until the 16/17 season (despite these stats being from 15/16 so Dele had a year head start) and are 24 years old or under.
N'koudou in the top 3!!!

Goodness me Sterling's stats are rather good. I was interested you see as I wondered wether or not moving up a year would display results so different as to put a damper on Dele's.
Doesn't appear that way at all.

N'koudou in the top 3!!!

Goodness me Sterling's stats are rather good. I was interested you see as I wondered wether or not moving up a year would display results so different as to put a damper on Dele's.
Doesn't appear that way at all.

By way of date of birth.

They are literally the ONLY 3 attacking players in the league who are 24 years old.

By way of date of birth.

They are literally the ONLY 3 attacking players in the league who are 24 years old.
A range of results helps to come to a better conclusion.
Say a 20 year old player does very well for his age group and there are 5 other players the same age it would look very good.

Move up to a group of three players in the 21 years of age mark and they all flattens his results not so good no?

Or perhaps they still are should all three of those players happen to be world class.

Just helps to paint a bigger picture is all.

So Simeone watched trippier and went i want that bang average player? I think Simeone might rate him a bit more highly than average and I'll go with his judgement
Barca looked at Paulinho plying his trade in China and had to have him.

What's your point, apart from appearing to rate Trippier more highly than Kane...

What's your point, apart from appearing to rate Trippier more highly than Kane...
I think barcelona is slightly different from athletico they can afford to have a few average players
Athletico could not compete and be as successful as they have been if they kept signing average players
We will see at the end of the season on how well he does or doesn't do
And did i even bring kane into anything i said on this alli discussion?

I've been saying he was good at CM ALL SEASON LONG mate. It's all in the threads if you wish to waste your life and go through them, both in his thread and match threads. My stance is utterly unchanged. He's a great CM and a great AM (that's what the statsbomb attachemnt showed). I think he's a better AM than CM.

I haven’t said you stance has changed.

I have no idea what you are arguing against anymore.
This whole thing basically played out like this:

Me:
High hopes for Dele maybe other players ahead of him gives him the kick he needs

You:
He played out of posistion

Me:
I know but he was crap

You:
He wasn’t crap look at this stat bomb

Me:
That doesn’t say much really, I hope he improves and plays up top

You:
I want him up top too

Me:
Yeah because he’s not very good at CM

You:
Trippier was shit!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU THINK DELE DIDNT PLAY CM ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I think barcelona is slightly different from athletico they can afford to have a few average players
Athletico could not compete and be as successful as they have been if they kept signing average players
We will see at the end of the season on how well he does or doesn't do
And did i even bring kane into anything i said on this alli discussion?
Kane is just as relevant to this thread as Trippier. More so because Trippier isn't Spurs anymore.

His point is that while a lot of people fully expected Trippier to end up at Derby or Southampton, it’s a bit rich when when he goes to a more successful club than us with a better manager, and those same people try and claim it means nothing because “Barca bought Paulinho”.

I haven’t said you stance has changed.

I have no idea what you are arguing against anymore.
This whole thing basically played out like this:

Me:
High hopes for Dele maybe other players ahead of him gives him the kick he needs

You:
He played out of posistion

Me:
I know but he was crap

You:
He wasn’t crap look at this stat bomb

Me:
That doesn’t say much really, I hope he improves and plays up top

You:
I want him up top too

Me:
Yeah because he’s not very good at CM

You:
Trippier was shit!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU THINK DELE DIDNT PLAY CM ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
You live in a bubble Sammy.

I've been saying he's been good as a CM most of the season, you've said he's been crap most of the season. You base this off the fact as his numbers aren't the same as in previous seasons. THIS IS THE POINT!

I posted statstbomb stuff merely as supporting evidence to back this up, I've said this THREE times now, choose to ignore that point so you can create your strawman, again. To b

To be absolutely clear, as you just can't see it, those stats support the notion that he's performed well as a CM, you say he's not a good CM, fine that's your opinion, just wish you could back it up, you haven't other than to say "he's crap".

You are the only one who brought Trippier into this, odd.

You live in a bubble Sammy.

I've been saying he's been good as a CM most of the season, you've said he's been crap most of the season. You base this off the fact as his numbers aren't the same as in previous seasons. THIS IS THE POINT!

I posted statstbomb stuff merely as supporting evidence to back this up, I've said this THREE times now, choose to ignore that point so you can create your strawman, again. To b

To be absolutely clear, as you just can't see it, those stats support the notion that he's performed well as a CM, you say he's not a good CM, fine that's your opinion, just wish you could back it up, you haven't other than to say "he's crap".

You are the only one who brought Trippier into this, odd.

I think the only person living in the bubble is the one who thinks Dele had a “very very good” season.
That’ll be you then.

I brought Trippier into it because you are all about the stats when it fits, and you dismiss them when it doesn’t.

I have not ignored the stat bomb. I’ve addressed it three times, simply you don’t have an answer.

I have said the graphs show fuck all other than how Dele performed in 2017 at AM to how he performed in certain games last season at CM.

There is no comparison to Dele and any other CM in the team or the PL, so anything can look good in isolation. I couldn’t even tell you if it’s good.....2.3XG’s whoooooohooooooo!!!!!!!

I watch games pal.....I have told you that I prefer Skipp, Dier, Wanyama, Winks and Sissoko all over Dele at CM and your graph doesn’t somehow mean that I’m wrong.
I don’t care that Dele made some interceptions.....as I said, put Diers up and let see how superior Dele is then in central
midfield.

Your graph is fucked. It doesn’t even differentiate the games Dele played as a fucking forward last season.

Here’s some more stats....says here Dele played AM 22 times last season. Oops

The graph never lies eh mate.

I’ve backed up my opinion. I watched him. He wasn’t very good. Everyone except you agrees with that.

I think the only person living in the bubble is the one who thinks Dele had a “very very good” season.
That’ll be you then.

I brought Trippier into it because you are all about the stats when it fits, and you dismiss them when it doesn’t.

I have not ignored the stat bomb. I’ve addressed it three times, simply you don’t have an answer.

I have said the graphs show fuck all other than how Dele performed in 2017 at AM to how he performed in certain games last season at CM.

There is no comparison to Dele and any other CM in the team or the PL, so anything can look good in isolation. I couldn’t even tell you if it’s good.....2.3XG’s whoooooohooooooo!!!!!!!

I watch games pal.....I have told you that I prefer Skipp, Dier, Wanyama, Winks and Sissoko all over Dele at CM and your graph doesn’t somehow mean that I’m wrong.
I don’t care that Dele made some interceptions.....as I said, put Diers up and let see how superior Dele is then in central
midfield.

Your graph is fucked. It doesn’t even differentiate the games Dele played as a fucking forward last season.

Here’s some more stats....says here Dele played AM 22 times last season. Oops

The graph never lies eh mate.

I’ve backed up my opinion. I watched him. He wasn’t very good. Everyone except you agrees with that.
Didn’t have you down as an arrogant dick mate. “I watch games”, fuck off with that please!!

Tell you what you continue to ignore where he’s been played and continue to say “he’s crap”.

Sammy watches football, so that’s it, all is explained. No need for any more chat. Case closed.

Didn’t have you down as an arrogant dick mate. “I watch games”, fuck off with that please!!

Tell you what you continue to ignore where he’s been played and continue to say “he’s crap”.

Sammy watches football, so that’s it, all is explained. No need for any more chat. Case closed.

And I didn’t have you down as someone who watches someone play crap, but then runs to a website to count the interceptions and “pressures” before deciding he was brilliant.

Again, can you put up Diers stat bomb

And I didn’t have you down as someone who watches someone play crap, but then runs to a website to count the interceptions and “pressures” before deciding he was brilliant.

Again, can you put up Diers stat bomb
I’ve been saying how well he’s played throughout the season following each game he played well in. Didn’t have stats to make my mind up, posted them to support it. But that doesn’t matter, you watch football.

I’ve been saying how well he’s played throughout the season following each game he played well in. Didn’t have stats to make my mind up, posted them to support it. But that doesn’t matter, you watch football.

You actually say “you watch football” as if it’s some kind of mock.....wow, I could understand it from a Millennial but ain’t you 50 mate?

I thought us old cunts used to do that.....you know, watch games.

You actually say “you watch football” as if it’s some kind of mock.....wow, I could understand it from a Millennial but ain’t you 50 mate?

I thought us old cunts used to do that.....you know, watch games.
There is nothing more to say Sammy, you actually watch football, no one else does, we all just sit and read stats.

There is nothing more to say Sammy, you actually watch football, no one else does, we all just sit and read stats.

Yeah I watch football......Dele himself, the entire Sports press, every other Spurs fan and every fan of every other team thought Dele was shit.

But knock yourself out.....maybe you think he had a good World Cup too who knows.

Back
Top Bottom