Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The early years ?? He’s 23 for Christ sake

Yeah but he was thrown straight into starting 50+ games a season when he was 19 years old, that’s taking a toll now. Especially as he always declares himself fit when he is clearly not, he has to listen more to his body. His injury was managed incredibly poorly last season likely due to his own stubbornness.

Yeah but he was thrown straight into starting 50+ games a season when he was 19 years old, that’s taking a toll now. Especially as he always declares himself fit when he is clearly not, he has to listen more to his body. His injury was managed incredibly poorly last season likely due to his own stubbornness.
I agree with you but it's become a pattern with more players than him at this point. Kane's aggrevated his ankle injuries how many times now by coming back way ahead of time and obviously taking damage because of it?

Can't keep rushing players back and expect nothing to go wrong.

I agree with you but it's become a pattern with more players than him at this point. Kane's aggrevated his ankle injuries how many times now by coming back way ahead of time and obviously taking damage because of it?

Can't keep rushing players back and expect nothing to go wrong.
We have a manager who is pretty dominant as well. So it would not surprise me if let us say Dele is told by the doctor that he needs 2 more weeks of rest despite feeling that he can play. And Dele goes to Poch, who goes to the doctor and says "I am picking Dele for this game. He says he can play so he plays".

It's why there is talk of introducing independent doctors at games to determine head injuries, since it has happened that a manager allows a player to continue playing on despite being concussed because he overruled the team doctor.

25721731cdef95b9c186e90c69d5398b.jpg
THANK YOU!
:gio:

Rumor on SC, so take with a grain, but Dele has shit hammie’s (news, huh??). I for one take this as sensational, but he is a bit broken as of late. Maybe he just needs to focus on getting healthy before he comes back.

gilly on simb(whos itk is often way off): Dont get too much itk these days. Just had lunch with some physio guys from the top table.

Dele has a chronic problem with his hammies and the real worry is its on the cusp in terms of trashing his career. He played way too much last year and needs a protection in terms of how much plays and when he comes back.

Last edited:
He's probably got chronic hamstring tendinopathy, not as uncommon as it sounds, because it involves degeneration of the tendon, chronic hamstring tendinopathy can take a while to heal. Having this injury diagnosed and treated is important, once recognized you can decrease pain and risk of re-injury and hugely increase the potential for returning to play. A full recovery is achievable but this requires a sustained period of recuperation, time is the only answer.

So Dele is fixable, and once fully fixed there is no additional risk of re-injury, but you have to let the tendon heal 100% or it will just keep breaking down.

He's probably got chronic hamstring tendinopathy, not as uncommon as it sounds, because it involves degeneration of the tendon, chronic hamstring tendinopathy can take a while to heal. Having this injury diagnosed and treated is important, once recognized you can decrease pain and risk of re-injury and hugely increase the potential for returning to play. A full recovery is achievable but this requires a sustained period of recuperation, time is the only answer.

So Dele is fixable, and once fully fixed there is no additional risk of re-injury, but you have to let the tendon heal 100% or it will just keep breaking down.

Alternatively, tell him to Man the F* up and run it off!

:)

As the game against Villa showed; we need Dele's magic up front to find gaps in the defence.

Dele has a chronic problem with his hammies and the real worry is its on the cusp in terms of trashing his career. He played way too much last year and needs a protection in terms of how much plays and when he comes back.

Probably the reason we have signed so many players who can play in his position (and haven't sold Lamela off)..Dele going to get plenty of rest this time round

Glad to see that someone who should have some football knowledge thinks the same way as I do

Will he ever repeat that 18 goal season?

I'm not so sure.
Maybe, maybe not, his style has evolved over the years and he’s maybe not as much of a goalscorer as he was back then. When he gets back (and hopefully he’ll be 100% fit this time around) we’ll see where Poch fits him in the system. Then we can judge.

I'm really curious to see what Dele's role going forward is. I think he suffers a bit from the fact that he is pretty darn good wherever he is put which leads to him not having a set position.

I know people complain about his output last year but he was playing pretty far back and was often times not being asked to contribute goals and assists. Statsbomb shows pretty well just how good he was in his deeper role last year...

While he's good there, I hope the addition of Ndombele will allow Dele to play further up. I like him deep but thing his best role is further up. But WHERE further up is the question?

Dele at 23 years old 38 appearances and 7 goals.

His birthday is 11th April.

As a 23 year old;
9 games, 3 assists, 0 goals.
Those assists were against Brighton and 2 in the 2nd leg against Ajax.
Pretty big in my opinion.

If you wanted to highlight what he has done to date as he is now 23 years old;
298 senior club appearances with 77 goals.
131 Premier league appearances with 42 goals.
37 England caps with 3 goals.

Back
Top Bottom