Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He runs for 10-20 seconds at a time - not 90 mins. Endurance training is very different - jacked Dele is too tall to retain his agility

Yea, that's why all the best footballers looks like marathoners right? Because football is (low intensity) endurance sport and sprinting speed does not matter?

Guess we are looking at different sports then :D

And once more - I am not suggesting him to be full Bale. But I see that you are firmly sure that say 4 additional kilograms would make him full-Andersson and he would basically jog around the pich - sure, have your truth :D

One more example for you - just 3 cm shorter guy. Who has retained other useful attributes quite well, and is not quite Anderson

25721731cdef95b9c186e90c69d5398b.jpg

Yea, that's why all the best footballers looks like marathoners right? Because football is (low intensity) endurance sport and sprinting speed does not matter?

Guess we are looking at different sports then :D

And once more - I am not suggesting him to be full Bale. But I see that you are firmly sure that say 4 additional kilograms would make him full-Andersson and he would basically jog around the pich - sure, have your truth :D

One more example for you - just 3 cm shorter guy. Who has retained other useful attributes quite well, and is not quite Anderson

25721731cdef95b9c186e90c69d5398b.jpg
Sorry - I'm going by your Ronaldo reference which for me would be the end of Dele if he was to bulk up like him, that's all

Sorry - I'm going by your Ronaldo reference which for me would be the end of Dele if he was to bulk up like him, that's all

yea, in that sense you are right. Put on all the muscle mass of Ronnie, that would be tough.
Just meant him as a proof that it might not be killing someone to be bit more bulky. But I was thinking more like few kilograms and some more mass to upper body (though maybe did not express myself clear enough) :thumbup:

N'dombele said recently that he's never seen the level of in intensity that Poch demands in training. I cant help but think our recent injury spree is somehow connected.

I love Poch's intensity, but this has to be balanced by breaks and player turn around.

Last edited:
N'dombele said recently that he's never seen the level of in intensity that Poch demands in training. I can help but think our recent injury spree is somehow connected.

I love Poch's intensity, but this has to be balanced by breaks and player turn around.
Last season was I think down to no preseason for almost the entire first 11. This work sets the foundation of everything that follows, miss it and it causes issues, that in turn then gets worse as it puts more strain of the players playing in thier place without rotation.

It’s why a player we buy late and misses the pre-season rarely settles well, never gets up to pace.

Keep him as a squad player, needs to sort himself out and try to get back to being the player he was. If not we may as well cash in next summer

In the meantime let's buy Fernandes and Lo Celso who are fresh and hungry and will bring a new dynamic to the team along with Ndombele

I am really-really worried about Dele.

Already at the 2nd half of last season I was watching our game and just randomly asked my friend - "Where is this Dele who scored this screamer against Crystal Palace?!?" Yea, sure he was played further back last season, but still - whenever he was near oppo box, he was nowhere near as dangerous.

And this trend really carried to preseason as well - he was laboured and slow in every game, making wrong decisions, running between 3 defenders, having too strong touches etc.

I tend to agree that in current situation he should be behind Kane, Son and Moura in attacking department and behind Ndombele, Sissoko and Winks in midfield. So effectively a bench player. I really hope he rediscoveres his mojo!!

I am really-really worried about Dele.

Already at the 2nd half of last season I was watching our game and just randomly asked my friend - "Where is this Dele who scored this screamer against Crystal Palace?!?" Yea, sure he was played further back last season, but still - whenever he was near oppo box, he was nowhere near as dangerous.

And this trend really carried to preseason as well - he was laboured and slow in every game, making wrong decisions, running between 3 defenders, having too strong touches etc.

I tend to agree that in current situation he should be behind Kane, Son and Moura in attacking department and behind Ndombele, Sissoko and Winks in midfield. So effectively a bench player. I really hope he rediscoveres his mojo!!

Sadly I agree.

He was a wonder. Impudent, instinctive and mercurial. Mostly though he was avallable. In today's insane market he would not have gone for less than 100 million pounds.

You look now and he is not even a shadow of that player.

Like our transfer dealings I hope but am not hopeful for a return to the Alli of the first 2 years of when he joined us

He’s becoming our Aaron Ramsey, needs to have a long break and get truly fit before he returns to the starting XI. We probably played him too much in the early years.

Hopefully this injury forces Levy to get a deal for Lo Celso over the line. We can’t just have Lamela as our only alternative to Dele and Eriksen.

He’s becoming our Aaron Ramsey, needs to have a long break and get truly fit before he returns to the starting XI. We probably played him too much in the early years.

Hopefully this injury forces Levy to get a deal for Lo Celso over the line. We can’t just have Lamela as our only alternative to Dele and Eriksen.

The early years ?? He’s 23 for Christ sake

Back
Top Bottom