Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We can't catch a fucking break. This is a catastrophe.

It'll be a huge achievement if we can get a top four finish with the limited pre season the guys had, the lack of signings, stadium situation and the continuous bad luck we are getting with injuries/ Sonny's international duty for two spells this season etc.

A tough season for many reasons yet we will keep going. Time to win a little bit uglier now perhaps, which wasn't a problem early on in the campaign

It'll be a huge achievement if we can get a top four finish with the limited pre season the guys had, the lack of signings, stadium situation and the continuous bad luck we are getting with injuries/ Sonny's international duty for two spells this season etc.

A tough season for many reasons yet we will keep going. Time to win a little bit uglier now perhaps, which wasn't a problem early on in the campaign
Agree with the first part. Disagree with the second. Thought we were winning ugly up until December, generally speaking.

It does feel a bit more spursy now .this will test our mettle Coys be positive. Sonny will be back soon .we just need to play each game as it comes with the strongest team we have. 30 odd years of being a yid have tought me to believe in spurs ability to overcome adversity. COYS.

Just another case of someone else stepping up.

We're "lucky" that Dier is now back and Lucas and Sissoko will both be back for our next league game. Which means the only players missing injury wise are Kane and Dele. That's it. (Not including Wanyama)

Son will be back for Leicester and at the best, Newcastle. Which means going into the Champions League tie with Dortmund, this could quite easily be our team:

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Sissoko - Dier - Winks
Eriksen - Son - Lucas
But please hurry back Dele!

One big player out. I can understand not plugging the gap

Two. Sort of wondering if it might be sensible to maybe do some business. Maybe

Three. Well given the circumstances yeah now time to get some additional bodies / experience from somewhere.....

Ahhhhh.

Bit inconsiderate to compare it to that mate - they obviously meant in terms of the team and our season. Quite obvious there are worse things going on in the world, no need to make people feel guilty for no reason.
By the same token, words such as 'disaster' and 'catastophe' shouldn't be bandied about like they don't know the meaning of those words...
I'm not trying to make anyone feel guilty...

You're right, there ARE worse things going on in the World... I'm not comparing the two at all... I was merely pointing out that that's exactly what words like 'disaster' and 'catastrophe' were invented for!! ...not Dele being out for a month.
That's what words like 'shitty' and 'kick in the bollocks' were invented for!!! :deledoubt:

By the same token, words such as 'disaster' and 'catastophe' shouldn't be bandied about like they don't know the meaning of those words...
I'm not trying to make anyone feel guilty...

You're right, there ARE worse things going on in the World... I'm not comparing the two at all... I was merely pointing out that that's exactly what words like 'disaster' and 'catastrophe' were invented for!! ...not Dele being out for a month.
That's what words like 'shitty' and 'kick in the bollocks' were invented for!!! :deledoubt:

According to Google, disaster means "a sudden event, such as an accident or a natural catastrophe, that causes great damage or loss of life." I think it's perfectly reasonable to say that Dele's injury is an accident that can cause great damage to our season.

Back
Top Bottom