Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And works so fucking hard off the ball as well.

Love the boy. So glad he got a World Cup goal.

And that Southgate took him off to make sure he’s got the best chance of being fit for the semi. He might not have been pleased but definitely the right thing to do.
Think he should have come off at half time in the first game TBH

He struggles when teams sit back and he doesn’t have space to run in behind. No coincidence that when a team tries to play actual football against us he pops up with a goal, hence his goals against big teams.

Still gives that ball away a little bit to much but he’s only young still.

Never really thought of Dele as a confidence player, but he seemed like a different animal after he got his goal.

I think he's the epitome of a confidence player......I think there is a vulnerable young man under the bravdo, and you can see him growing up and maturing.
Its a great thing to see.....everyone knows Ive been on his case, and I'll stand for that all day long. But Im happy to take the ups and the downs. Wonderful talent, and glad he's put my fears to rest about his ability to develop and show maturity.

I think he's the epitome of a confidence player......I think there is a vulnerable young man under the bravdo, and you can see him growing up and maturing.
Its a great thing to see.....everyone knows Ive been on his case, and I'll stand for that all day long. But Im happy to take the ups and the downs. Wonderful talent, and glad he's put my fears to rest about his ability to develop and show maturity.

That 5 minutes after he scored, all the swagger came back, hopefully that runs into Wednesday.

Martin Peters ?

Yes. Wham at the time, but one of ours too.

As an 11 year old, I clearly remember being so stressed at 2-1 up, that I went and had a kick about against a wall for 5 minutes. Got back in time to see the West Germans equalise in the last minute!

Dele has a lot in common with Peters. About the same height and weight and seems to float across the ground. Absent for long stretches and then just appears in the right place and time.

Now for Croatia.

Last edited:
Scummy Sun, Dele never talks about his family situation and perhaps one day he’ll reveal all. As for his mum selling out to that scum rag, is it any wonder he got taken to a more stable family environment.

I thought he was rubbish all throughout. Poor delivery and lackadaisical movement. We aren't going to the summit as a club with Dele starting every game. He's not good enough. The lad has moments of magic but they're not frequent enough to keep him starting for us. Take off your blinders.

I thought he was rubbish all throughout. Poor delivery and lackadaisical movement. We aren't going to the summit as a club with Dele starting every game. He's not good enough. The lad has moments of magic but they're not frequent enough to keep him starting for us. Take off your blinders.

Two posts. Second one slagging off Dele.

Good start.

He wasn’t playing in his favoured position in the World Cup. He needs to be further forward with less defensive duties.

He's 22, he has most clubs booing him all the time and he pops up with incredibly vital goals in big games. You don't write off talents like Dele, you give him the belief to grow and become a majestic footballing talent. Let him enjoy his football, I for one love that he gets to develop whilst playing for the Lilywhites

Back
Top Bottom