Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No Sad GIF by Dolly Parton

When he first came to us his decision making was so spot on and over a long period of games as well, always the right pass, right run, what has happened?

I get he isn’t the quickest off his feet and maybe in Ange’s system isn’t suited to wing but how he played when he first came to us makes him a useful Maddison cover. This season though his decision making hasn’t been that good.

I don’t get it. To me this is confusing. Why has his decision making dropped so badly? Normally a player is a good decision maker or a bad one, they don’t shift significantly at least not in a short timescale.

When he first came to us his decision making was so spot on and over a long period of games as well, always the right pass, right run, what has happened?

I get he isn’t the quickest off his feet and maybe in Ange’s system isn’t suited to wing but how he played when he first came to us makes him a useful Maddison cover. This season though his decision making hasn’t been that good.

I don’t get it. To me this is confusing. Why has his decision making dropped so badly? Normally a player is a good decision maker or a bad one, they don’t shift significantly at least not in a short timescale.
I think he’s just been found out mate, he never tries anything different which makes him even easier to mark.

I’m not even sure he’s a 10 either even when he tries executing a simple pass it’s either under hit or over hit so frustrating.

Why are people acting like it’s a mystery that a player who was poor all of last season and who had one small patch of good games this season is poor again? He’s been mostly bad since an excellent 6 months. He doesn’t need an excuse.

He doesn’t suit being an Ange winger which doesn’t help, and he’s been benched which has probably made him overthink situations trying to impress. So he’s looking worse than ever.

Ultimately a lot of players looked poor last season so benefit of doubt and all that. Some have improved, others haven’t. He is in that camp. Conte benched him as well despite being much more suited to his style.

But ultimately he’s a footballer who got way overrated by our fans, who has now regressed to the norm seen at Juve. He hasn’t developed or improved, he’s regressed. Teams find him predictable and comfortable to play against. The sole reason he got so much leeway before the dropping is due to his attitude and work effort as on the ball he’s been lacking for months bar the odd game.

Last season he got 9 g/a. On the same number now. His first Juve season he got 7, 4 in the second. He had one great season at Parma and half a good season with us, otherwise this is his career norm, not an exception to anything at all. And he isn’t some possession retaining tactical option either, loses the ball for fun.

He’s probably worth 30m or so to a mid-table side who will utilise what he’s good at and get 12-15 g/an out of him. Find the buyer and move on in the summer.

Sorry guys, iv never been wrong yet. Id like to see Kulusevski prove me wrong, but I think once the honeymoon period is over and he stops getting a goal against Weetabix FC, people will start to question, and my posts will be forgotten about and youll all move on to the next thing for which you swear at me about, which I will inevitably be right about again.

Its a weight and a burdon that I carry heavy on my shoulders, but its okay because I know that you know no better.

Called it back in 2022 unfortunately. Hes a bang average player. Doesnt look up with the ball. Turns like a snail. Cant beat a player. Literally stops every single one of our attacks. Does the same thing over and over. I dont think he even knows his position, but its definitely not a winger. Hell I dont even think he’s an attacking mid. Theres nothing he can do that our academy guys cant do.

The only thing I can see with him is a more CDM or central role as he is strong on the ball and has good work rate.

He's 23 years old! Everyone is acting like he's 27 and in his prime. He still has plenty of time to improve.

7 goals and 3 assists. Key contribution in 1 in 5 of our goals this season.

Why are people acting like it’s a mystery that a player who was poor all of last season and who had one small patch of good games this season is poor again? He’s been mostly bad since an excellent 6 months. He doesn’t need an excuse.

He doesn’t suit being an Ange winger which doesn’t help, and he’s been benched which has probably made him overthink situations trying to impress. So he’s looking worse than ever.

Ultimately a lot of players looked poor last season so benefit of doubt and all that. Some have improved, others haven’t. He is in that camp. Conte benched him as well despite being much more suited to his style.

But ultimately he’s a footballer who got way overrated by our fans, who has now regressed to the norm seen at Juve. He hasn’t developed or improved, he’s regressed. Teams find him predictable and comfortable to play against. The sole reason he got so much leeway before the dropping is due to his attitude and work effort as on the ball he’s been lacking for months bar the odd game.

Last season he got 9 g/a. On the same number now. His first Juve season he got 7, 4 in the second. He had one great season at Parma and half a good season with us, otherwise this is his career norm, not an exception to anything at all. And he isn’t some possession retaining tactical option either, loses the ball for fun.

He’s probably worth 30m or so to a mid-table side who will utilise what he’s good at and get 12-15 g/an out of him. Find the buyer and move on in the summer.
So what you're saying is, rather than being a good player who's inexplicably hit a bad patch, he's a bad player who unexpectedly hit a good patch for a while!

He's been gash for a while now, can't really see how he gets back in the 11 unless BJ hits a massive slump in form. Gio should be the Maddison sub for the rest of the season.

Still plenty young but he's more often a liability at the mo and not cut out to be a winger in this system.

Need to up his game to have more game time again.

Has played himself out of the team now, and his efforts yesterday do him no favor. His decision making - which normally is one og his best attributes, so bad.

But there is a good player in there, no doubt, so stop the total bashing. Not to mention the total embarrassing - "not to wear the shirt ever again - statements". He obviously trying his best, but in a bad spell.

Has happened to better players than him, even in the team now. Maddison no better many games, but doesn't get a tad of the vitrol Kulu is recieveing

Back
Top Bottom