Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Need to up his game to have more game time again.

Has played himself out of the team now, and his efforts yesterday do him no favor. His decision making - which normally is one og his best attributes, so bad.

But there is a good player in there, no doubt, so stop the total bashing. Not to mention the total embarrassing - "not to wear the shirt ever again - statements". He obviously trying his best, but in a bad spell.

Has happened to better players than him, even in the team now. Maddison no better many games, but doesn't get a tad of the vitrol Kulu is recieveing

A lot of the Kulu haters were saying the same thing about Johnson 2-3 months ago. Foolhardy to make sweeping statements about players who have shown something in the past as generally form comes and go. Obviously part of being a better player (see Kane) is that the form tends to remain

When he first came to us his decision making was so spot on and over a long period of games as well, always the right pass, right run, what has happened?

I get he isn’t the quickest off his feet and maybe in Ange’s system isn’t suited to wing but how he played when he first came to us makes him a useful Maddison cover. This season though his decision making hasn’t been that good.

I don’t get it. To me this is confusing. Why has his decision making dropped so badly? Normally a player is a good decision maker or a bad one, they don’t shift significantly at least not in a short timescale.

Yep, I am with you on this one.

He used to compensate for questionable speed with making a right decision almost always.
OK I get that it is more difficult if we attack against defenses that have been set up well and teams are sitting deep.

But fuck - yesterday again, he received ball with half of the whole field in front of him, but totally fucked it up. How is that even possible? He needs to improve ASAP. We will have 3 big games in 8 days - NLD; Chelscum and Pool - I am pretty sure that Werner-Son-Johnson cant play 3x90 min there AND Son as a vocal point hasn't been best of solutions really. So if he want's to play any real part in reminder of our season, he has to improve like right away and have positive influence in these games.

And for the love of God - he fucking HAS to learn to cross/pass the ball early. He has the brain and he has the tecnique. He might not have the explosiveness but literally with making the right call and passing with first touch could create some real room.

Better display from him last game, even if we as a team was not up to it.

Hope he is picking up some kind of form again, as his services and attributes are very much needed

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

better than just coughing it up every time we get to either side of the penalty area.

He’s the player that loses the ball more per game than any other in our side.

His combined bad touch and dispossessed is 4.0 per 90, which is some going considering he only attempts 1.6 dribbles. And 19% of his passes don’t find their target. But he does attempt nearly double Johnson. Johnson does lose it less, but sees hardly any of the ball and 25% of his passes still go astray.

I don’t rate Johnson either, so it’s a fucking hobson’s choice for me. It’s shit ball retention but more productivity v less shit ball retention and not much productivity.

He’s the player that loses the ball more per game than any other in our side.

His combined bad touch and dispossessed is 4.0 per 90, which is some going considering he only attempts 1.6 dribbles. And 19% of his passes don’t find their target. But he does attempt nearly double Johnson. Johnson does lose it less, but sees hardly any of the ball and 25% of his passes still go astray.

I don’t rate Johnson either, so it’s a fucking hobson’s choice for me. It’s shit ball retention but more productivity v less shit ball retention and not much productivity.

Stats need context…
Maybe he’s trying to receive tougher passes or trying more ambitious pssses? Bad touch stats? Who is tagging those and are the knowledgeable enough to know the difference between a bad touch and a bad pass?

I know what my eyes see when we play the best teams and Kulusevski is always at his best against City, woolwich and Liverpool. Mainly because he can keep the ball and muscle his way through pressure

Remember when you were saying "well clearly Ange rates him as he starts him" and then he immediately after stopped starting him.

Bloody brilliant.
I agree with you that I am brilliant.
Ange dropped Kulu as a starter because he thought an in form Johnson would be better.
That was not so brilliant v Newcastle.

Ange dropped Kulu as a starter because he thought an in form Johnson would be better.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Nothing to do with his god awful form then, mate? It's not like he got subbed at HT vs Luton and since then has been poor in sub appearances.

Man your denial of basic facts is very amusing across the board.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Nothing to do with his god awful form then, mate? It's not like he got subbed at HT vs Luton and since then has been poor in sub appearances.

Man your denial of basic facts is very amusing across the board.

you speak the truth about Kulusevski form.

But I speak the truth that he has to start vs the goons and we both know there is a good reason.

You won't admit it.

but we both know.

Back
Top Bottom