Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is playing very well generally, just needs to shoot more. He gets in so many great positions, he has a great left foot so no reason to hesitate. I'm sure Ange will be working on this.

No, he actually has to get some speed into his steps. In some recent games he has tried to shoot and cross, but he sets it up for so long that defenders will be able to block the efforts. He has a shot in him, but he has to make it happen quicker.

Kulusevski is a real enigma in our side.

I mean, as I posted earlier - he has a specific role; as we do not have a traditional no9 in the side, there has to be someone else who takes the ball down and relives the pressure through that. He can change the tempo and help us to retain possession close to opponents goal.

But I think one issue with him is how the fans preceive him. The bar is set high based on his initial contributions when he joined the team when Conte was manager. Then he managed to do the same PLUS contribute more regarding goals and assists. Requirements were more direct, we did more counter-attacking AND we played with deeper defensive line. So 20 on-field players were spread across bigger portion of the field.

Right now he is too much focused on ball controlling and he takes too many touches and time. Has to find better balance, when to whip it in really fast and when to do the things he usually does.

It is true, that we could better accomodate his current style of play as well, if the LW would be more direct and "cutting edge". But right now we have somehow managed to win games with wingers pair of Richie and Kulu. But in doing so we have MASSIVELY ridden on back of Madders. LW has looked better than it really is, because Maddison has been going down that way mostly.

Long story short-
- currently he has to take down long balls and be outlet to others
- part of his task is to control the tempo
- this together with defensive contribution has reduced his sharpness
- we could accomodate on less-than sharp winger, but not 2 in long term
- Madders effect has carried us when played with 2 so far

I mean, as I posted earlier - he has a specific role; as we do not have a traditional no9 in the side, there has to be someone else who takes the ball down and relives the pressure through that. He can change the tempo and help us to retain possession close to opponents goal.

But I think one issue with him is how the fans preceive him. The bar is set high based on his initial contributions when he joined the team when Conte was manager. Then he managed to do the same PLUS contribute more regarding goals and assists. Requirements were more direct, we did more counter-attacking AND we played with deeper defensive line. So 20 on-field players were spread across bigger portion of the field.

Right now he is too much focused on ball controlling and he takes too many touches and time. Has to find better balance, when to whip it in really fast and when to do the things he usually does.

It is true, that we could better accomodate his current style of play as well, if the LW would be more direct and "cutting edge". But right now we have somehow managed to win games with wingers pair of Richie and Kulu. But in doing so we have MASSIVELY ridden on back of Madders. LW has looked better than it really is, because Maddison has been going down that way mostly.

Long story short-

Utter bollocks.

Why waste your time posting this (and ours for having to read it).

Ffs

Long story short-
Honestly one of the worst things I’ve read on here for a while.

Kulu is a fucking machine. If you can’t understand what he brings to our team every week then I’m not sure you’re actually watching the games.

Looking forward to and expecting a big game out of this kid...he's already faced Cucurella multiple times so there should be any surprises. We are at home and it's a big game for us so surely he'll stand and be counted. I imagine most in this thread are in agreement with that expectation.

Looking forward to and expecting a big game out of this kid...he's already faced Cucurella multiple times so there should be any surprises. We are at home and it's a big game for us so surely he'll stand and be counted. I imagine most in this thread are in agreement with that expectation.

I'm willing to make a bet with you that Kulusevski has a GI tonight.

Turns up for our biggest games consistently.

Back
Top Bottom