Defoe Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we have a "JERMAIN DEFOE STAND" at the new stadium

• Total voters
The Emirates has all the pictures of their past greats, we should decorate ours with all the shit we've had. So when we're feeling down as derby County hold on for a 1-0 win... We can look up.. And think....

At least we don't have fucking bunjecjavic at centre back.

And then we can all go back to the Gary Doherty lounge for a beer.

wow
all this derision for one guy
Spurs 5th highest goalscorer, top 15 prem goal scorers

and he gets all this?
With all due respect we have plenty of former past players who would rank higher: Try the entire double winning team for starters!!!

With all due respect we have plenty of former past players who would rank higher: Try the entire double winning team for starters!!!
not sure what that is supposed to mean. I get the joke (sort of) about stand naming, but a lot of the rest of the opprobrium is unwarranted.
As for the double winning team, without googling it how many of them sail off the tip of your tongue?
Notwithstanding, their achievements are obviously laudable, but Defoe has done enough for the cause to not warrant that degree of pisstaking, in my view.

not sure what that is supposed to mean. I get the joke (sort of) about stand naming, but a lot of the rest of the opprobrium is unwarranted.
As for the double winning team, without googling it how many of them sail off the tip of your tongue?
Notwithstanding, their achievements are obviously laudable, but Defoe has done enough for the cause to not warrant that degree of pisstaking, in my view.
They could erect a statue of him!!! Not naming a stand there would be a queue of prospects before him

What about a statue of Michael Jackson instead? I hear there's one for sale?

images

If he wants this he should slack off Canada and head to Bury!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24911458

Bury: Gigg Lane to be renamed The JD Stadium
Comments (51)
Bury are to rename their Gigg Lane home as The JD Stadium as part of a three-year sponsorship deal with JD Sports.

The Shakers have been based at Gigg Lane since their formation in 1885, and have never before renamed the ground.

The agreement with the sportswear retailer, which was founded in Bury, will also see them sponsor the club's shirts from next season.

Bury were in serious financial trouble last season and only narrowly avoided administration earlier this year.

Stewart Day, who completed his takeover of the Shakers in May,told the club's website: "This is an amazing deal for Bury Football Club and highlights the hard work being put in behind the scenes to secure the future of this great club.

"I hope our many loyal fans appreciate the progress being made to ensure financial security at the club."

Bury are currently 22nd in League Two.

Back
Top Bottom