Dec '21 COVID Outbreak

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My partner is on set of a Netflicks production. They came to the house and PCR tested her. They picked her up this morning for costume fitting and hair. They PCR tested on set in her trailer. Hour and a half later they had her on set for principle photography. The place is just incredibly well run and bio secure. In her contract she is legally mandated to bubble and isolate. I find the football industry when you think about the sums involved frankly amateurish.
It’s the same across all sports. I work with international, continental and national associations… it blows my mind sometimes

A break is inevitable at this point. Clubs need to behave as if we are in lockdown and get really tough with their staff. Everyone needs to be vaccinated, we need staff to stay at home and minimise social contact, test every day, masks/distancing at all times when indoors, behave as if we are back in September 2020.

The whole country relaxed too much and got complacent, we cannot go back to playing in empty stadiums. Pause the season until after Christmas and resume with proper measures in place. It is absolutely stupid that clubs with huge outbreaks are still coming in to train in preparation for matches that are being called off hours before they kick off.

A break is inevitable at this point. Clubs need to behave as if we are in lockdown and get really tough with their staff. Everyone needs to be vaccinated, we need staff to stay at home and minimise social contact, test every day, masks/distancing at all times when indoors, behave as if we are back in September 2020.

The whole country relaxed too much and got complacent, we cannot go back to playing in empty stadiums. Pause the season until after Christmas and resume with proper measures in place. It is absolutely stupid that clubs with huge outbreaks are still coming in to train in preparation for matches that are being called off hours before they kick off.

I don’t think so. Omicron just changed the parameters.

Agree though on the stadiums. We can’t go back to empty ones. If they must, make us all wear masks. While I hate them, there aren’t any in sight in the stadium. They might help people modify their behaviour to be more conscious about their actions.

I don’t think so. Omicron just changed the parameters.

Agree though on the stadiums. We can’t go back to empty ones. If they must, make us all wear masks. While I hate them, there aren’t any in sight in the stadium. They might help people modify their behaviour to be more conscious about their actions.

I don't think there's much transmission from fans to player. At worst all they need to do is block off a few rows to X metre distance.

Also I think with the mood of the nation banning football fans will just make things much worse.

I don't think there's much transmission from fans to player. At worst all they need to do is block off a few rows to X metre distance.

Also I think with the mood of the nation banning football fans will just make things much worse.

I agree I’m talking about fans not players. . They can’t close the stadiums but to help that at least bring a few proper measures in like mask wearing for example. It would at least make the government think that football was trying to do something off their own backs to stop things grinding to a halt.

Think the Liverpool game might go ahead, along with Villa/Burnley, West Ham/Norwich, Leeds/Woolwich, Chelsea/Wolves, City/Newcastle.

Expect United/Brighton, Southampton/Brentford, Watford/Palace and Everton/Leicester to be off.

A case to be made for a blanket cancelling of weekend fixtures... but don't really have an issue with playing the games that can be played and bringing stricter testing measures and behavioural habits to training grounds/travel arrangements.

Some of us older fans will remember when in the 1960's and in particular 1963 that many many matches were postponed due to snow. There were not so many International matches at that time but it did bring fixture congestion. I do not think the PL should stop clubs unaffected from playing but to continue to act on a match by match basis. We have been the worst affected and anyone thinking we will get 9 points from those matches is deluded. It would be just our luck that they stop the matches just when we have everyone back and we have even worse fixture congestion.

My partner is on set of a Netflicks production. They came to the house and PCR tested her. They picked her up this morning for costume fitting and hair. They PCR tested on set in her trailer. Hour and a half later they had her on set for principle photography. The place is just incredibly well run and bio secure. In her contract she is legally mandated to bubble and isolate. I find the football industry when you think about the sums involved frankly amateurish.
Team sports is different though. Once its gets into a squad its impossible not to spread. Players have multiple physical interactions on the training field every day. I agree they should test every morning before they go in but testing is not perfect and once covid takes hold a team sports training camp is the perfect environment.

Think the Liverpool game might go ahead, along with Villa/Burnley, West Ham/Norwich, Leeds/Woolwich, Chelsea/Wolves, City/Newcastle.

Expect United/Brighton, Southampton/Brentford, Watford/Palace and Everton/Leicester to be off.

A case to be made for a blanket cancelling of weekend fixtures... but don't really have an issue with playing the games that can be played and bringing stricter testing measures and behavioural habits to training grounds/travel arrangements.
The way things are going it would be madness to blanket cancel a game if both teams want to go ahead.

It should be done case-by-case but there needs to be a framework to manage it. No one knows anything or what they are doing at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom