Deaths On The Field

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Le Tissier is not well known for his penetrating intellect or his medical training. You might as well ask Alan Smith....

Trying to assume knowledge, when it appears you are a truly crass charlatan.

Just random, nothing to see here I presume? After disclosing your credentials as a Heart Surgeon, on the matter of test medicine, wouldn’t it have been best to shut your internet mouth?

Just random, nothing to see here I presume? After disclosing your credentials as a Heart Surgeon, on the matter of test medicine, wouldn’t it have been best to shut your internet mouth?

I was told, by a physio from a top London premier league team, that I needed to take special care with young players from parts of Africa in our teams as studies showed they had a higher rate of heart issues than we historically saw in the Uk and youth football.

This was about 6 years ago now.

So in a way I’m not too surprised by this piece of news.

I was told, by a physio from a top London premier league team, that I needed to take special care with young players from parts of Africa in our teams as studies showed they had a higher rate of heart issues than we historically saw in the Uk and youth football.

This was about 6 years ago now.

So in a way I’m not too surprised by this piece of news.
Whilst it’s clear that has truth within it.

The most pertinent point, to me, is that nobody bumped this or posted about it, as all of a sudden we are utterly desensitised to seeing or reading about on field deaths. Tragic for this young man (whose first collapse came in 2021) and tragic for the state of our world right now.

Reports of him having 'health problems' and heart problems from back in 2019 - remind me when Covid started again?

STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION.

Was happening on the same time Spurs were playing Wolves. Safeless to say I was shocked to hear it immediately after our game finished. Very sad news. It was obvious he was too good to play here in Albania, and that was because no European clubs would take him because of his heart condition.

Was happening on the same time Spurs were playing Wolves. Safeless to say I was shocked to hear it immediately after our game finished. Very sad news. It was obvious he was too good to play here in Albania, and that was because no European clubs would take him because of his heart condition.
So what does that say about Albanian football and their credentials to protect a player....
If a player has a heart problem, he shouldn't be paying professional football ANYWHERE!
The fact an Albanian team took him, took a risk with his LIFE..

EUROPEAN clubs avoided him for a reason!

It's tragic on SO many levels!

Reports of him having 'health problems' and heart problems from back in 2019 - remind me when Covid started again?

STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION.

wouldn’t it have been best to shut your internet mouth?

......Quite.

Remind us all of YOUR credentials, Zest....?

I've said it before, but if there's a silver lining in Zest's irresponsible ramblings, it's that he's stuck here with us on a football forum where he can't inflict very much damage.

He's also probably on the autism spectrum.

Last edited:
I shudder to think what he's like IRL.

Dress Up Doc Brown GIF by Nickelodeon

He's a fucking dickhead, is what he is.

as a rule I tend to do at least 5 mins research into any link I share before I make a point based on said link.

The level of peoples general intelligence very is very apparent when they don't even go to those minimal lengths to ensure that they can't be called out on their nonsense.

Last edited:
He's a fucking dickhead, is what he is.

A danger to others is what he is.... The fact that people like him are (were) allowed to prance around our health/care system whispering his unqualified quack-isms into the ears of the poorly, impressionable and/or vulnerable is disturbing and an indictment of the respective staff monitoring processes.

So what does that say about Albanian football and their credentials to protect a player....
If a player has a heart problem, he shouldn't be paying professional football ANYWHERE!
The fact an Albanian team took him, took a risk with his LIFE..

EUROPEAN clubs avoided him for a reason!

It's tragic on SO many levels!
They most likely didn't do their research on why he was snubbed by Brighton. Maybe he passed their medicals, like he did in Spain and Austria beforehand. Who knows? But generalizing the who of Albanian football because of this incident is naive. Should we also say that Inter didn't do their homework because Eriksen collapsed on the pitch? Or Ajax with Blind?

As for a "EUROPEAN" club, you do know Albania is in Europe right?

I was at the lane that night that Congolese fellow fell over. Muamba or something like that? I don’t think he died, did he? It was still pretty emotional

They most likely didn't do their research on why he was snubbed by Brighton. Maybe he passed their medicals, like he did in Spain and Austria beforehand. Who knows? But generalizing the who of Albanian football because of this incident is naive. Should we also say that Inter didn't do their homework because Eriksen collapsed on the pitch? Or Ajax with Blind?

As for a "EUROPEAN" club, you do know Albania is in Europe right?

[/LINEUP]

Yeah, I did, my bad .. I just didn't wanna generalize by suggesting SOME European clubs have higher standards, and do due diligence more than OTHER European clubs...

But clearly they do!

I suppose it's similar to saying Morocco is in Africa, but couldn't be further apart from Nigeria or Ghana in culture!!

Maybe it's just certain countries (regardless of continent) that choose to turn a blind eye to underlying heart conditions!

That's in them, surely...? But more tragically, on the unfortunate player in question!

Then again, Bolton with Muamba didn't see that coming, so maybe there IS an element of freak chance in all of this?

You're an extremely stupid and unpleasant individual..on to ignore you go!

Lockyer going down like that is horrible to see. Honestly, forget the heat around the vaccine debate and do the full investigation already because this is happening way more than it used to. I remember Muamba like it was yesterday and it was the first time I'd ever heard of that happening.

Is it connected to the intensity they are playing?
A new supplement they are taking?
Is it vaccine or mild COVID infection related? Or a combination of the two?

Either way, remove the stigma and fucking find out why people that [lay sport are fucking collapsing more often.

Back
Top Bottom