Deadline day madness or Deadline day silence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Madness or calm

• Madness

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Calm

Votes: 50 84.7%

• Total voters
Needed a player to push Son or bring danger from the bench.

Needed a RWB that’s good going forward.

Doherty and Spence getting loans is handy.

If a CB arrives it’s a 9.
Thats why i think they'll negotiate now and annouce a summer move for Hincapie in the next week or so
We got Lenglet on loan for the season i cant see us upgrading until the summer

What were you expecting? When was the last time you saw a team sign 6 players in January? We also have squad requirements, tbh I was only expecting one to come in (thought it'd just be Porro) so Danjuma came as a nice surprise. Think sometimes people get too carried away with these links and believe everyone is going to come at once.

CB was more important than RWB so for me was a higher priority
Business was left too late in the window
That's why i'm giving it 4/5 out of 10

The other positions I wasnt necessarily expecting to be filled this window but they are major issues that still need addressing
I think CB and GK are essential positions to fill but i can see the logic of bringing Porro in now because he can offer what we dont have right now in the squad solid defender and good going forward providing lots of assists

I swear Newcastle also signed 6+ last Jan.
They signed 4 but look who that's comparing ourselves too, Chelsea and their billions that they're spending without a plan and the richest team on the planet. We're never gonna compete with that spending, frankly I'm not even sure I want us to. It's grotesque. Sort of besides the point though, people are just being unrealistic with their expectations and then when it doesn't happy acting like we're not spending anything. The summer was another example, we still spent a fair bit - it's just the recruitment was very very poor. Money spent doesn't necessarily mean they're gonna be that good.

They signed 4 but look who that's comparing ourselves too, Chelsea and their billions that they're spending without a plan and the richest team on the planet. We're never gonna compete with that spending, frankly I'm not even sure I want us to. It's grotesque. Sort of besides the point though, people are just being unrealistic with their expectations and then when it doesn't happy acting like we're not spending anything. The summer was another example, we still spent a fair bit - it's just the recruitment was very very poor. Money spent doesn't necessarily mean they're gonna be that good.

Madueke, Gusto, Mudryk, Badiashile, Felix, Andrey Santos. 6. Seems like Enzo Fernandez is on his way there as well.

But yeah, I was only kidding. I wouldn't want us to operate like Chelsea have, they're playing an all-in, very high risk strategy as a result of the ridiculous amount of leeway they have from Roman waving off the debt.

Madueke, Gusto, Mudryk, Badiashile, Felix, Andrey Santos. 6. Seems like Enzo Fernandez is on his way there as well.

But yeah, I was only kidding. I wouldn't want us to operate like Chelsea have, they're playing an all-in, very high risk strategy as a result of the ridiculous amount of leeway they have from Roman waving off the debt.
Yeah by 4 I was referring to Newcastle, didn't realise Chelsea had that many until I just looked it up. Speaks volumes that Madueke would probably be our keep signing and I didn't even realise it was official.

Yeah by 4 I was referring to Newcastle, didn't realise Chelsea had that many until I just looked it up. Speaks volumes that Madueke would probably be our keep signing and I didn't even realise it was official.

I think it was 5 for Newcastle .. Guimaraes, Trippier, Burn, Wood, Targett. So just short.

Chelsea are doing something unprecedented. If they sign Enzo Fernandez as well then they'll have spent probably about 3x more than any team in history have in a year.

When was the last time you saw a team sign 6 players in January?

Who have Chelsea signed this transfer window?​

The Blues have completed the signings of Benoit Badiashile, David Fofana, Joao Felix (on loan), Noni Madueke, Mykhailo Mudryk, Andrey Santos and Malo Gusto (back to Lyon on loan) this month

:contefacepalm:

Edit - I dont want us to operate like The Chavs, just showing how crazy they have been!!!!

Sessengnon and Dav are still fucking here and they're cunting off Doherty to help balance the books because Atletico have actually seen Emerson Royal play and we're likely keeping him as he's younger with more on his contract...plus the Doc would know his time is limited with Porro coming in.

Hope it happens and wouldn't be surprised if he did well in Spain like Tripps did.

yeh about a 5/10. A decent CB would really change it but I guess this is probably it.
Agree that another CB would definitely give us more options from the bench when we’ve managed to score.
Whatever. Keep the servers ticking over I guess.

Would have liked a CB & GK more than anything, but meh..... Even when we do sign our top target, some here are just hellbent on sucking the joy out of it anyway.

........People insisted last Jan was shit too so I'll just see how the new lads play out.

Last edited:
Why are we doing business with Rennes ("...the club have cleared the decks for Porro’s arrival by moving to loan Matt Doherty to Atlético Madrid and Djed Spence to Rennes"), after the way they fucked us up last season?

If it stays like this our team will kind of be like this drawing only with the back being the front and the front being the back.

522x0

Back
Top Bottom