Deadline day madness or Deadline day silence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Madness or calm

• Madness

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Calm

Votes: 50 84.7%

• Total voters
I think it will only be Porro.

Absolute fantasy football land I'd like to see Maddison but not a chance that will happen in a day. I did see it was reported James Maddison changed his profile pic on Instagram yesterday which must mean something is on the cards 😂

We still need a CB but again I can't see anything happening in a day.

Not a chance we close a 60M deal in a day.

Would make sense for all parties but too complicated to do
I think anythings possible with regards to pulling it out the bag on the final day we've done it before and we can pull it off now with both Levy and Paratici in place.

Leicester are desperate for cash Maddisons name has been mentioned for a couple of years now so definitely something in it but maybe Zaniolo is more realistic of the two because his situation at Roma with the board and fans is too broken to fix.
Although Roma have said they are not prepared to do another agreement that is less that what Bournemouth offered i cant see any half decent side actually paying a transfer fee upfront without taking him on loan (both ACL'S) in both legs the past 2-3 seasons.
I think a late loan agreement is on here with obligation to buy depending on certain appearance and medical targets being met.

As for Hincapie there is a belief we are making him our top target this summer but also growing optimism a deal can be struck right now maybe where he stays on loan at Bayer Leverkusen for the rest of the season and joins up with Spurs in the summer so i think this story could carry on for the next couple of weeks

It's been a poor window for me. No more than a 3/10. I could have given it more if we had got the deals done early. Just think, if Levy wasn't such an annoying little penny-pinching turd we could have had Porro and Danjuma playing against the scum!

Assuming its just Pete and Dan in and Bryan out, how would you rate the window?

A 5 at best for me, but I can't say I expected much more.
I'd rate it as a 6/10 filled the needed RWB position with quality and someone to push Son at the LW.

I read that Doherty is going on loan to Atletico Madrid. What lets the window down imo is the lack of movement at CB.

...and we need a new GK but can be the summer, fingers crossed Lloris doesn't decline more until then.

Porro, maybe a youth player or 2 and thats it. We'll still have Emerson, Sanchez, Tanganga, Sess racking up a quite a few minutes. I dont think we've done enough to get top 4 but maybe if Son's form turns and Porro makes an instant impact...then maybe. Think we're relient on 1 or 2 other clubs shitting the bed though. Difficult judging a window until a few weeks have past but because of no centre backs or creativity i'll give it 4.

4 or 5 out of ten window assuming it's only Porro and Danjuma.

Desperately needed a quality CB, long term we actually need two if we're playing 3 at the back.
GK as well is weak
Still lacking a creative midfield option
Left side isnt great but I guess Udogie is arriving in the summer.

4 or 5 out of ten window assuming it's only Porro and Danjuma.

Desperately needed a quality CB, long term we actually need two if we're playing 3 at the back.
GK as well is weak
Still lacking a creative midfield option
Left side isnt great but I guess Udogie is arriving in the summer.
What were you expecting? When was the last time you saw a team sign 6 players in January? We also have squad requirements, tbh I was only expecting one to come in (thought it'd just be Porro) so Danjuma came as a nice surprise. Think sometimes people get too carried away with these links and believe everyone is going to come at once.

Porro, maybe a youth player or 2 and thats it. We'll still have Emerson, Sanchez, Tanganga, Sess racking up a quite a few minutes. I dont think we've done enough to get top 4 but maybe if Son's form turns and Porro makes an instant impact...then maybe. Think we're relient on 1 or 2 other clubs shitting the bed though. Difficult judging a window until a few weeks have past but because of no centre backs or creativity i'll give it 4.
I think whoever is our manager in the summer, Sessegnon needs to go, he's simply not good enough for a team with desires of being in the top 4. I'd rather have Reguilon back than keep Sessegnon next season.

What were you expecting? When was the last time you saw a team sign 6 players in January? We also have squad requirements, tbh I was only expecting one to come in (thought it'd just be Porro) so Danjuma came as a nice surprise. Think sometimes people get too carried away with these links and believe everyone is going to come at once.
No one was expecting 6 new players, although Chelsea have this window but obviously they're on a different planet. What i think we needed was 2 or 3 players who would go straight in and be classed as first team, i certainly think 2 should have been realistic. We have so many areas to improve there were plenty of options out there. For first team i'd be classing Porro as one and not Danjuma. Not to say he might not have an impact but didnt think it was a priority.

CB was more important than RWB so for me was a higher priority
Business was left too late in the window
That's why i'm giving it 4/5 out of 10

The other positions I wasnt necessarily expecting to be filled this window but they are major issues that still need addressing

James Maddison please.
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Back
Top Bottom