Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totally agree, I mean why should Sanchez waste his time at Tottenham, not exactly Europe's elite, they can't even make it past Gent in the last 16 of the EL. While the club he actually plays for made it into the EL final....
Mate, just stop embarrassing yourself now...

Me as an Ajax-fan has been looking at this forum the last couple of days, just because it interest me to see how you guys talk and think about Sanchez, Ajax and the situation about his upcoming transfer to your club.

It personally irritates me to see an fellow Ajax-fan talk about our club as it's still one of the greatest of the world because our beautiful history!
Stop dreaming mate, stop living in the past, we won't win prices by relying on the past. It's the present and future what counts.....
Our European results were tremendous last year. But from a realistic point of view, there isn't even a small chance that we will experience a same result. Just hope...

I totally understand that Sanchez prefers a transfer to the Spurs instead of another year in the Eredivisie...
The possibility to play CL (while we aren't even sure if we are playing EL this season) the possibility to play in the BPL and a significant higher salary.
I would say; Overmars, just accept the 40mil bid and sign a new talented defender before the 31st of August.

We can't compete with the BPL and we probably never can with the shitloads of money the BPL clubs are receiving nowadays.
So to the Dutch guy: stop talking shit. Be more realistic, step out of that historical bubble you're living in and start talking with a bit more respect.

To you guys: wish you all the luck in BPL and CL. I do have a lot of empathy for your club. I really do hope that you would finally win the BPL again.

Me as an Ajax-fan has been looking at this forum the last couple of days, just because it interest me to see how you guys talk and think about Sanchez, Ajax and the situation about his upcoming transfer to your club.

It personally irritates me to see an fellow Ajax-fan talk about our club as it's still one of the greatest of the world because our beautiful history!
Stop dreaming mate, stop living in the past, we won't win prices by relying on the past. It's the present and future what counts.....
Our European results were tremendous last year. But from a realistic point of view, there isn't even a small chance that we will experience a same result. Just hope...

I totally understand that Sanchez prefers a transfer to the Spurs instead of another year in the Eredivisie...
The possibility to play CL (while we aren't even sure if we are playing EL this season) the possibility to play in the BPL and a significant higher salary.
I would say; Overmars, just accept the 40mil bid and sign a new talented defender before the 31st of August.

We can't compete with the BPL and we probably never can with the shitloads of money the BPL clubs are receiving nowadays.
So to the Dutch guy: stop talking shit. Be more realistic, step out of that historical bubble you're living in and start talking with a bit more respect.

To you guys: wish you all the luck in BPL and CL. I do have a lot of empathy for your club. I really do hope that you would finally win the BPL again.

We've never won the Premier League, as it was only formed in 1992, but it's a nice sentiment nonetheless.

You watched them play lots of games for Ajax, where they played until 2012 and 2013 respectively, so you must obviously know how good they are now compared to the guy who plays for Ajax now. You seem confused son.

Everything you say makes you look like an idiot.

You are a clueless, deranged fanboy.

I am not saying we are the best in Europe. But we've been the best team in England over the last couple of seasons, partly because of our brilliant central defenders. And we sure as fuck are a lot better than little Ajax.

The best team in Little Britain but didn't win anything ? That doesn't make much sense does it.

From what it seems I'm still stuck on the Real or Barcelona forum.

But back to Sanchez; comparing Sanchez now and Verthongen and Alderweireld then;

Yes, I'm more impressed with Sanchez.

Last edited:

That's an awfully long story full of sentimental horse crap, "up and comming transfer to your club...."

Overmars doesn't have to except anything. Sanchez has a contract untill mid 2021. Maybe Real and Chelsea would like to pay more.

And you don't have to listen to me, I'm nobody, Arie van Oss:

Ajax-erelid Arie van Os gruwelt van affaire-Sanchez

I don't really understand dutch, but some sentences are readable if you pretend they've been constructed by a teenager with dyslexia and a gangster persona. German reads like a happy drunk person speaking, to me.

I've often wondered what English looks like to a German or a Dutchman

I feel like a sad prick for looking at this forum every hour imagine spending all evening on a forum for a club you don't even fucking support...

Half the Ajax side would go on strike if we wanted them.

The best team in Little Britain but didn't win anything ? That doesn't make much sense does it.

From what it seems I'm still stuck on the Real or Barcelona forum.

But back to Sanchez; comparing Sanchez now and Verthongen and Alderweireld then;

Yes, I'm more impressed with Sanchez.

What's the bee in your bonnet mate? You're getting lots of money for your player, not like we are robbing you blind here. Are you upset we decided to leave the EU or something?

It's really interesting to hear from Ajax fans, thanks to all for posting. You clearly all rate Sanchez and that is encouraging because it looks like we might splash an insane amount of money for a young player who has a lot to prove still. But I do think this talk of him being better than Vertonghen and Alderweireld is premature. I have not watched much of him but was impressed the tiny amount I saw. Okay, Ajax fans obviously have seen more, but one season is not enough to know if he is better than them. Fact is that Vertonghen and Alderweireld both proved they were good enough over more than a single season and have proven they are exceptional defenders that can make it in the hardest league in the world. Sanchez has yet to prove either of those things. Not saying he is not better than them, only that we do not yet know he is better. To be better by the way would mean being truly exceptional, our current central defensive partnership is easily the best I have ever seen at Spurs.

Something else I will say is that I really like Ajax. It is not really Ajax's fault that their league is what it is. They do things the right way, same as us, they have the soul of their club intact. That is worth far more than being a richer club without a soul, like Chelsea, Citeh, etc.

Obviously, Spurs are a bigger club than Ajax, in a bigger league. Any other idea is nonsense. But that doesn't mean Ajax are a joke or anything like that. I have a lot of respect for Ajax.

Are you single?:)

Since when is "blue radio Columbia" a reliable source lol never heard of them. Why would a Colombian radio station be the ones to get he scoop instead of a European news outlet?

I'm calling them tomorrow and making a £50m bid, but the player and myself won't be to come to terms because I don't run a football club. But it will still be reported!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom