Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

According to 'de telegraaf'. An uttershit newspaper but always spot on with Ajax, the deal is off. Spurs doesn't want to up their bid with a signle dime. Ajax won't back down at all either. He will play (or bench) against Rosenborg tonight. Comes from Mike Verweij. He is the #1 ajax journalist with direct ties to the board.

My predicament; Ajax really won't back down. Either a bidding war with Chelsea and Real or he stays. Good for us in both cases

If he leaves i really hope signs for Spurs though. Would be sweet to have Alderwereld, Vertonghen, Sanchez and of course super Eriksen in one team. As pathetic as it sounds; it kinda feels like Ajax succes

You cant compare Sanchez with Toby and Jan though. He is more like Alex, the former Chelsea/ PSV defender.

According to 'de telegraaf'. An uttershit newspaper but always spot on with Ajax, the deal is off. Spurs doesn't want to up their bid with a signle dime. Ajax won't back down at all either. He will play (or bench) against Rosenborg tonight. Comes from Mike Verweij. He is the #1 ajax journalist with direct ties to the board.

My predicament; Ajax really won't back down. Either a bidding war with Chelsea and Real or he stays. Good for us in both cases

If he leaves i really hope signs for Spurs though. Would be sweet to have Alderwereld, Vertonghen, Sanchez and of course super Eriksen in one team. As pathetic as it sounds; it kinda feels like Ajax succes

You cant compare Sanchez with Toby and Jan though. He is more like Alex, the former Chelsea/ PSV defender.

This is what always happens in Spurs transfers.

Levy is obviously confident that the player only wants to join us - if that's the case he'll wait for Ajax to get back in contact later in the transfer window once the player has rejected Chelsea / Madrid / whoever.

Levy will then lower his original offer in the last days of the window and Ajax will be backed into a corner.

If Ajax have any thoughts that Sanchez will only sign for Spurs then they should take what's on the table now and leave themselves time to sign a replacement.

I don't believe they've increased their demands. You don't start a deal summing tens of millions & then get all vague & change your mind about the fee. You'd look a bloody idiot .

It's just twatter & alike guessing & people believe it.

Exactly, I have never said "I want x for these products" and during a discussion increased what I want. You just don't do that, as it shows there isn't a deal to be done. No one will ever pay more than the initial bid

It could increase if we park discussions and go back on deadline day though!

... get a move on Levy

Good Morning,

You guys really like to profit from Ajax's success huh? Getting Jan and Christian for some change money. Really good scouting, just take the boat to Amsterdam with a small suitcase of money, ask who is the best and pick them up. Well. not any more. Sanchez is either to expansive for that cheap Levy guy, or he stays with us.

Good Morning,

You guys really like to profit from Ajax's success huh? Getting Jan and Christian for some change money. Really good scouting, just take the boat to Amsterdam with a small suitcase of money, ask who is the best and pick them up. Well. not any more. Sanchez is either to expansive for that cheap Levy guy, or he stays with us.

:harrylol:

Good Morning,

Haha... Are you EdbE's brother??

Good Morning,

Don't be mad....it's just the way of the world

I'm sure there are plenty of teams that you repeatedly sign players from...

Good Morning,

Edbe that u? :levyeyes:

Good Morning,

If Sanchez is too expansive, you can keep him, we don't like fat guys :eriksenlol:
kwktgi3.jpg

Good Morning,

If you were a knowledgeable fan, you'd know we didn't sign Toby from Ajax

Someone will budge. It will either be us and Levy will have to swallow his pride or Ajax will.
Nothing to do with pride, we know from experience that is how Levy does business. He has a valuation in mind when he goes into a negotiation, and will walk away rather than go beyond it.
That goes both ways, if you want one of our players then you pay what Levy thinks he is worth.

We've really rustled some of those Mokummer Jimmies haven't we?

Its not just us though is it?

Which clubs are Bergkamp, Davids, Seedorf, Sneijder, VDV, Ibra, Kanu, Suarez etc.... remembered as playing for?

Last edited:
Wow, this thread went quickly. A few days and we are from page 16 to page 37. It seems like a deal for this moment is still off, but obviously in football things can go all of a sudden very fast. If a transfer will happen I do think Tottenham would be much better choice for Sanchez than Real Madrid. Doubt he would feature much in the Spanish capital whereas I see a lot of possibilities for playing time at Spurs.

If Sanchez really wants to leave, what seems the case, as said before I feel Ajax should sell him. But of course as a selling club they can decide the fee. If Spurs doesn't want to meet that and they neither can agree somewhere in the middle it will become a difficult situation what would be a shame imo.

Also a bit embarrassing to see that apparently in the past days more Ajax-fans decided to come to this forum and feel the need to provoke and bash on Tottenham and their fans. Childish behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom