Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If true that he has gone on strike I don't want him. If it wasn't for Ajax where would he be now.

It could be paper talk but if true it's not what we need and I'd rather we move on
Puh-lease, everybody is doing this. If he's rejecting Barcelona/Inter to work with Poch, that's all I need. He seems an incredible player and would be an amazing addition to the squad.

If true that he has gone on strike I don't want him. If it wasn't for Ajax where would he be now.

It could be paper talk but if true it's not what we need and I'd rather we move on

I wouldn't say "wouldn't want him".

I just hope we don't upset Ajax over it all. I'd like to keep good relationships with a club that has been instrumental (if indirectly) to developing our current team.

I just hope we don't upset Ajax over it all. I'd like to keep good relationships with a club that has been instrumental (if indirectly) to developing our current team.

I like Ajax, there's a lot of Spurs about them. Hopefully it's all paper talk and the players acted professionally and all are sound about the circumstances

I'll be the hypocrite then....Bale is a twat, Modric is a twat, Berbatov is a twat......

Sanchez wants to come to Spurs though so.......oh well

Yes I would rather he didn't play silly buggers, but we need to strengthen our squad, so that's that

The player went to see the director of football on matchday to talk about the transfer, which is why he was left out, wasn't focussed on the game.... not exactly professional if you ask me. Reminds me of Ro$€ with his bad timing.

Ajax fan here. I think this deal is just a matter of time so congrats on buying potentially one of the best CB's in the world. I feel he is better than Jan and Toby were at Ajax although at the same time I don't think they are that comparable. Toby and especially Jan were at Ajax maybe a bit more technically gifted defenders, Sanchez is a very physical player but on the ball also pretty decent. Few years younger as well than Jan and Toby were when they left.

That probably won't happen. Although Ajax doesn't want to sell him, if he wants to leave (what seems to be the case) the club is probably open for negotiations. Nobody benefits from having a player around that doesn't want to be there (maybe Southampton disagrees on this). The only thing then left is for Tottenham to agree on a fee with Ajax.

The player went to see the director of football on matchday to talk about the transfer, which is why he was left out, wasn't focussed on the game.... not exactly professional if you ask me. Reminds me of Ro$€ with his bad timing.

He was left out because the manager decided he only wanted players around that were 100% focused on the match. Clearly there have been some talks between Ajax and Spurs, but apparently he had a chat with Sanchez first before leaving him out of the team.

Ahhhh Mindblown disagrees......good to know that when Sanchez "fires us to the title", you will still have something to complain about....

"Poor Ajax, now the cunt will want to join Real Madrid"

Ajax fan here. I think this deal is just a matter of time so congrats on buying potentially one of the best CB's in the world. I feel he is better than Jan and Toby were at Ajax although at the same time I don't think they are that comparable. Toby and especially Jan were at Ajax maybe a bit more technically gifted defenders, Sanchez is a very physical player but on the ball also pretty decent. Few years younger as well than Jan and Toby were when they left.

That probably won't happen. Although Ajax doesn't want to sell him, if he wants to leave (what seems to be the case) the club is probably open for negotiations. Nobody benefits from having a player around that doesn't want to be there (maybe Southampton disagrees on this). The only thing then left is for Tottenham to agree on a fee with Ajax.

He was left out because the manager decided he only wanted players around that were 100% focused on the match. Clearly there have been some talks, but apparently he talked with Sanchez first before leaving him out of the team.
Top man

:adesalute:

If it wasn't for Ajax where would he be now.

Most likely in another very decent European club. He's been at Ajax for one season, it's not like they made him what he is.

There's one reason, and one reason only, that Ajax is trying to refuse the offer: They think they can get more money. They know their place; a club buying and developing top young players to sell them on when big clubs come knocking.

It's no wonder the player gets frustrated for not getting a move from a league like the dutch to a top PL club for a fee that is probably record high in the Eresdivisie (at least for a defender?).

Fair enough, I just despise that kind of trait in a footballer. He owes his club and teammates more respect than that, just a personal opinion

How about what the club owes the player? He came to them, both club and player knowing and hoping it would be a stepping stone. They get to make a fortune from benefitting from his services for one season, and are receiving a tremendous fee for a defender at that level.

He was left out because the manager decided he only wanted players around that were 100% focused on the match. Clearly there have been some talks between Ajax and Spurs, but apparently he had a chat with Sanchez first before leaving him out of the team.

Great post.. high praise saying he's potentially better than Jan or Toby..

One question - Do you have any disliking toward us as we do seem to sign a lot of your great players?

Back
Top Bottom