Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A Norwegian paper had an article today about a Norwegian youngster who was recently bought by Ajax from Herenveen. In the article was an interview with Overmars where he talked about how smaller clubs in football today kept losing players to bigger clubs, how that was ok and a part of the modern game (of course, since Ajax/Herenveen were in this story the bigger clubs compared to Rosenborg, the club said player left to go to Herenveen), but also how it was important that the smaller clubs got percentages from profits on transfer fees later in a player's career so that they'd get something back for their contribution.

I wonder if that may be a point of disagreement. We know that Levy might not like such agreements; as he bought Bale out of one prior to the sale to Real Madrid.

I wonder if that may be a point of disagreement. We know that Levy might not like such agreements; as he bought Bale out of one prior to the sale to Real Madrid.

He also bought Bale with one.

The reason why Bale's sell on was bought out was because Southampton came cap in hand

He also bought Bale with one.

The reason why Bale's sell on was bought out was because Southampton came cap in hand
And because Southampton thought that keeping the sell-on clause of Theo Walcott was a better idea than keeping Bale's, IIRC.

manic-laugh.gif

Levy Dawdling? Ajax has moved the goalpost every day it seems for what type of bid they'll accept.

Levy offered 30, they wanted 35. Levy matches 35, they want 40 all of a sudden.

It's pretty clear Ajax doesn't want to sell Sanchez and are delaying the deal.

This has been never the case. As far as I have read Overmars only stated (already in the begin of july) that Ajax wanted at least €40 million euro's for Sanchez but that they would preferably keep him for at another year. These words have been taken completely out of context by some people thinking that if a club would offer somewhere around €40m Ajax would blindly accept and the player would be off.

Of course Ajax has tried to do everything they can to keep him on board, but Ajax is also very aware of their position in contemporary football and they know they are a stepping stone for a lot of footballers. Especially footballers that aren't from they academy and don't have any deep bond with the club itself (like Sanchez).

In general Ajax has a very good relationship with Spurs, so although the negotiations have been difficult I think (and hope) the clubs will find a way to agree on a fee and manner of payments.

Almost there mates...

Haven't seen anything in the Dutch media yet.
But the fact that he isn't in the squad for tonight's EL match, probably says enough.

I must say, a €42mil deal is a pretty good deal for us. Especially for Eredivisie standards.

Dutch media is saying that Wimmer is leaving spurs for €18mil and is moving to WBA?

Haven't seen anything in the Dutch media yet.
But the fact that he isn't in the squad for tonight's EL match, probably says enough.

I must say, a €42mil deal is a pretty good deal for us. Especially for Eredivisie standards.

Dutch media is saying that Wimmer is leaving spurs for €18mil and is moving to WBA?

I think the Wimmer move is dependent on City buying Evans

Back
Top Bottom