Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just did a bit of an edit myself
Davinson Sánchez - Wikipedia
Making sure we got a copy of the real Wiki page. Loool.

image.png

What are your thoughts on Davinson? Do you reckon he will work out well? Strengths, weaknesses etc

Sánchez is a good player in potential, but don't expect to much in the beginning.
His strenght and his tackle are his good qualities, but he is sometimes too eager and he will lose his focus to make the best decision on the field.
Give him some time to adapt, don't blame him to much in the beginning, when he will make some mistakes and he will definitely be a good signing!

He will fit in your system with three at the back, where Vertonghen plays central left, Alderweireld in the middle and Sánchez at right central back.
At Ajax he learned to be good with the ball and he got better passing. He is used to the attacking and pressure style that Spurs play, because we played the same at Ajax last season.

For both parties this transfer will be good.
We at Ajax have to focus on developing good players and sell them to bigger clubs abroad.
With the money from this transfer, we will have to buy new future stars and develop them again.
Hopefully some day we will improve our squad and we can compete in the Europa League every season.
Spurs is a nice next step for players at Ajax like Sánchez to develop, look at former Ajax players like Eriksen and Vertonghen.
Spurs is a team that's fighting for the title in the Premier League, plays in the Champions League as well and is building a good team with stars like Alli and Kane and Eriksen.

About the transfer fee:
The Telegraaf journalist Mike Verweij (a well known source when it's about Ajax news) is talking about 45 million euros transfer fee. This is build up in two spread terms 35 million and 10 million. These 10 million are not bonuses. It is a lot for player from the Eredivisie, but I think it is a good price for both teams.

Good luck for this season and hopefully we brought you a new quality player!

I never really understood the vitriol that was thrown at Davinson, I honestly didn't think he was that bad (not that great TBH, but did not deserve that level of abuse, IMO).
I wish him well in his next move and hope it works out for him, as others have said, he could have seen his contract out.
Good luck Davinson :thumbup:

Last edited:
Sanchez

"I would like to thank the coach, management, players and fans of Ajax. It is a great move for me to come here to develop my career. I am very excited to be signing for such a famous club as Tottenham Hotspur. I am looking forward to working with Mauricio Pochettino and the players and meeting everyone there.”

Back
Top Bottom